Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,686   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse 25 for travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KmK View Post
    Regarding your pen slots.... Lip balm fits nicely in the pen slots of my Cafe Bag and while tavelling, I have found that a pen slot is a good place to stash a toothbrush with a cover. (but, I confess to traveling with multiple pens too...the horror if I should be without one! What if an idea comes and I am caught ink-less and unawares?? But, that said, the pens are usually in a TB pencil case.)
    Good ideas... hadn't considered lip balm or a toothbrush. A spare pen is good, but I'm one of those warped folks who _always_ has a pen in the shirt pocket. Of course if I loose it or something, I would be lost :-)

I have used those types of "slots" on other bags for spare batteries before, which works well.

Comment

Originally posted by KmK View Post
      Regarding your pen slots.... Lip balm fits nicely in the pen slots of my Cafe Bag and while tavelling, I have found that a pen slot is a good place to stash a toothbrush with a cover. (but, I confess to traveling with multiple pens too...the horror if I should be without one! What if an idea comes and I am caught ink-less and unawares?? But, that said, the pens are usually in a TB pencil case.)
      Brilliant!! (I don't like using pen slots for pens, I'm always paranoid that the ink will leak all over my beautiful bag interiors. So I put them in a pencil case. )

Comment

I carry a flashlight in one slot and an Opinel #6 in another. The flashlight clip keeps the light from sliding down into the slot. The purple light goes nicely with my Plum SCB.

Comment

I don't know if anybody cares, but as a trip report, I had a great trip with the BrainBag... having a "backpack" was wonderful as I had to walk a ways a couple of times. Wound up with it on my back and carrying my wife's bag (which was feasible with the backpack... two bags in hands not so much).

Fit in enough to survive for 9 days or so (plenty of re-wear and some washing in the hotel sink). Carried a small camera bag for some extras, mostly onboard food :-)

I've now switched my "day bag" for work over to the Brain... will be fiddling with the loadout for a bit, I'm sure, but I love the bag :-)

Comment

Working...
          X