Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,301   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring back the Imago!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back the Imago!

Short answer, because I have an exam tomorrow- but ditto @Mausermama. I wear my messenger bags very high up to prevent crazy shoulder strain and for increased mobility; the QAM is the only way for me to do that and it also lets me swing the bag to the front when I need to access stuff.

Comment

How much do Imagos tend to sell for an eBay? I won't be able to afford one for my mother for this Christmas, but it would be an interesting thought for the future.
      Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
        How much do Imagos tend to sell for an eBay? I won't be able to afford one for my mother for this Christmas, but it would be an interesting thought for the future.
        $140-$150-ish . . . based on the past couple of months.

Comment

new was $90 but resale is $150? whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by meekasmom View Post
            new was $90 but resale is $150? whoa.
            All that Imago-love out there has to go somewhere...

Comment

That's what a new Parental Unit goes for... Maybe it's just me, but the Parental Unit strikes me as being the Imago's cousin. Maybe if there is a "Return of the Imago" someday, it might borrow a thing or two from the Parental Unit.
              Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

I may be alone here, but I think the PU looks funny. It's just a weird shape. I am more of square, rectangle person I guess. And it is NOT an imago. nope. no way. However, I should add: I am digging the DLBC in the meantime. it is wonderful in form and function. Fits just enough and if not, then its big sister, the Pilot comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by meekasmom View Post
                  It's just a weird shape.
                  When I first saw the video, I was reminded of this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lake-titicaca-bolivia-traditional-urus-iruitos-reed-boat-high-andes-mountains-south-america-3550.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	293825

Comment

Wow! Where is this? Guatemala? Peru?
                    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
                      Wow! Where is this? Guatemala? Peru?
                      Lake Titicaca on the Peru/Bolivia border~

Comment

Never mind the shape of the PU...ah boat...the scenery is stunning and the oarsman so colorful.
                        The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Funny you should mention a boat... From the first time I saw an image of the Imago on this site, I thought it was shaped (much more vaguely, but recognizably) like a boat as well.

Comment

Reminds me of a wonton - with corners poking up. This is similar in shape to the giveaway diaper bag we got in the hospital. The slouchy shape and tension were well-balanced; it was easy to zip open with one hand to retrieve clothing or small items. Looking forward to seeing how the PU works.

Comment

What I'd like to see in the Imago V2:

1.Capacity around 15-16 litres
                              - To differentiate from all the other ~13 litre messenger type bags TB already has. It also seems to be a gap from the DLBC/Pilot/PU up to the next size which is currently the Ego (unless I've overlooked one)
                              - Having used a Crumpler Wonder Weenie (now called the Barney Rustle Blanket) at 12.5 litres (not sure if they use the same measurement methodology as TB), there are enough occasions where I wish it was a little bigger e.g. Fit a 15" laptop

2. Nylon/parapack 'back' (the side that comes in contact with your body) - As per the bottom portion of the Synapse for example (doesn't necessarily have to be padded), so it's gentle on clothes

3. Padded grab handle (or ultra-suede handle wrap, which I could also use for my Synapse hehe)

4. Clip on shoulder strap so it's transferable when using on location and packed in a main bag such as the Aeronaut or TS

5. Other nice to haves:
                              - zippered rear pocket at the bottom to allow pass through on a roller bag
                              - removable reflective strip and/or light attachment point
                              - quick access horizontal pocket (a la DLBC)
                              - zippered main pocket (but still have the flap)

Not sure practically speaking if these can all be done together but I'll just throw them out there anyway

Comment

I would buy another Imago. Maybe two if it was in Verde!!

Comment

Working...
                                X