Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,487   Posts: 187,390   Members: 6,445   Active Members: 343
Welcome to our newest member, Ironaztek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New: Ruck's Sac Backpack (Available July 4th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thax
    replied
    Well....

Ok, to be honest at first blush this is the first TB bag I don't really like the look of. The square flat flap and square pocket on the cylindrical bag just doesn't do it for me. I like the pocket in the flap and all, but the whole thing kinda bothers me.
    I am sure it is functional and works with the drawstring, but a larger flap or different shape would make it more cohesive.

I do respect the fact that all the designs are always fresh and new.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    I just took my Ruck's Sack on another hike last weekend. It's a great little pack.

What I really want next is a Dyneema Cafe Bag! Wouldn't that be cool? I think so. Especially in the hot Summer: the Dyneema is so light.
    Darcy you are in the best place to ask for a Dyneema Cafe Bag and great idea by the way.

Leave a comment:

• lingo
    replied
    I just took my Ruck's Sack on another hike last weekend. It's a great little pack.

What I really want next is a Dyneema Cafe Bag! Wouldn't that be cool? I think so. Especially in the hot Summer: the Dyneema is so light.
    I'd bite on a dyneema cafe bag. That would be funky.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied

hey darcy,

can you describe what dyneema fabric is like? i'm not sure if i may have come across it in any of my bags.

thanks,
    maverick

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dsg29
    replied
    Jeez, I wish Maverick would learn to show some emotion and get excited about things. So wishy-washy, ya know?

Enjoy your newest Bihn score, Mav!

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    mine should arrive tomorrow - woo hoo - very excited!!
    it has landed. 3 and a half hours until i get home...

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    mine should arrive tomorrow - woo hoo - very excited!!

Leave a comment:

• escapegoat
    replied
    ohmygosh, i need one! but can i sacrifice the almost perpetual carrying of my café bag to carry this to class?!

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    [QUOTE=dsg29;4627][QUOTE=maverick;4607]In an unprecedented move, I have ordered a Tom Bihn bag that has not a sliver of Crimson in it!

Gasp!! I don't think I could contemplate my owning a non-RED (insert anti-Crimson rant here) Tom Bihn item. It would disrupt my world, methinks. Nevertheless, very cool-looking bag. I'm now working on a good rationale for a Ruck's Sac before I place my order....
    I thought that sapphire would be a nice color for my son's first backpack, and I also was feeling a bit adventurous.

My niece's birthday is coming up - she's turning 10 - and I wanted to get her a Ruck's Sac. So I asked her mom if she thought that she might like it. I learned that she's at that age where she is very particular about everything.

So my Ruck's Sac is coming next week. I'll show it to her and see what she thinks. If she likes it, then I can order for her in the color of her choice. Wish me luck...

Leave a comment:

• dsg29
    replied
    [QUOTE=maverick;4607]In an unprecedented move, I have ordered a Tom Bihn bag that has not a sliver of Crimson in it! [QUOTE]

Gasp!! I don't think I could contemplate my owning a non-RED (insert anti-Crimson rant here) Tom Bihn item. It would disrupt my world, methinks. Nevertheless, very cool-looking bag. I'm now working on a good rationale for a Ruck's Sac before I place my order....

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    That's a very neat looking bag..

It has a place on my wish list along with the brain bag and ego bag :P

Leave a comment:

• mrae
    replied
    I'm still hoping for a small bag that has a place for my water bottle. In the meantime, it looks like this is my next buy. It may motivate me to get my Buzz to Ebay so I have money to buy the Ruck's Sac.

Can you post some pictures showing the inner colors and how they look with the outer one?

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    In an unprecedented move, I have ordered a Tom Bihn bag that has not a sliver of Crimson in it! I've ordered the Ruck's Sac in saphire/olive.

I am very excited to get this bag. It will serve right now as a very hip diaper bag. When my son gets older, it will be his first back pack, and his first of many Tom Bihn bags.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    The Ruck's Sac is available now....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X