Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,740   Posts: 190,270   Members: 6,600   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, uflbarry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order now or wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order now or wait?

I'm dying to try the new Aeronaut 30 and it's available in the color combination I'd like, but I won't have any need for it until late December at the earliest. I'm torn whether to order it now, or to wait till closer to the time I need it and risk having it unavailable then. If I could be certain they'd have what I want in early-late November, I'd wait since that would give me plenty of time to assess if the A30 will work for me and if it didn't, I could return it in the period allowed for returns. Also, it would be a little easier on my budget to wait.

Does Tom Bihn ramp up production in anticipation for the holidays, or should I order it now?

Around here, the answer is almost always order it now - too many of us have seen our favorite bags/color combos disappear while we waffled over whether to purchase (sigh Nordic/Solar Side Effect, I can only love you from afar now). That said, I'm guessing TB does ramp up for the holidays but so do the number of purchases. What's the color combination you're interested in? You could always call and see what the current stock level is and if they have any plans on making more in the near future (although my understanding is that's very subject to change).

Comment

Around here, the answer is almost always order it now
      Like many I’ve experienced the frustration of indecision at seeing an item disappear from the list of available products. So, if finances allow go ahead and order the bag now. Also, remember that TB has a good reputation for working with the customer, so if you need to exchange it I’m sure they’ll do their best to accommodate you.

Comment

If you need it early/late November, order it now.

TB starts planning/producing Holidays items after the back to school rush, so around now.

Holidays means the end of year celebrations and gift giving as well as the vacations that people take to get away from the cold in the northern hemisphere and the heat in the southern hemisphere.
        In short, it is a popular time for more people to discover TB and that mean the inventory will disappear rather fast.

Comment

Get it now. I do believe the factory goes into overdrive in anticipation of the holidays but there's no guarantee. Is there a reason you can't test pack it as soon as it arrives? If not, I agree with BarryLee that it's better to order it now and keep the tags on it just in case.

Comment

+1 to the suggestions of buying now and test packing upon receipt. You'll know right away if you love or hate the A30. If you aren't sure, then you have plenty of time to test it and possibly return/exchange before your trip.

And you'll be able to pet it and hug it for *months* before you take it on its maiden voyage. That's also a plus in my book!
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

order now! color combos can sell out, and that gives you more time to think of any accessories you might need to fill the bag, and get that order in too before your trip!

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm going to go ahead and order now. Better to be safe than sorry!

Comment

kgm, ordering now truly is the best plan. I'm not enabling, really I'm not...
                  Photos when it arrives please.
                  Moose
                  List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

TB regret is a thousand times worse than TBAS.

I vote order.
                    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

I did order! Since I ordered before the cut-off time, it was shipped today also. I bought the Black/Iberian (I also have that color combo in both Synapses) and then threw in a Wasabi TT and a Wasabi travel stuff sac as well as a TT in UV. UV is such a pretty color. The Wasabi items will be a gift.

Comment

Working...
                      X