Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,686   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New color combos for the Side Effect!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New color combos for the Side Effect!

    See, my obsessive daily check of Side Effect color options was rewarded. New combos have been posted! Do I go with a Black dyneema/iberian or a coyote/steel one? Decisions, decisions. (And I already have one, so don't say get both ).
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is my Black Halcyon Zeitgeist with a Cobalt Cerylon 3DOC as my "purse"/

    #2
    Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
    See, my obsessive daily check of Side Effect color options was rewarded. New combos have been posted! Do I go with a Black dyneema/iberian or a coyote/steel one? Decisions, decisions. (And I already have one, so don't say get both ).
    Oh, wow! Both Black Dyneema/Iberian and Black Dyneema /Ultraviolet. Not to mention Verde/Steel and Verde/Ultraviolet. And I just had a shipment of pouches go off (sob!)

    moriond

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
      See, my obsessive daily check of Side Effect color options was rewarded. New combos have been posted! Do I go with a Black dyneema/iberian or a coyote/steel one? Decisions, decisions. (And I already have one, so don't say get both ).
      Thanks for posting this - wow, many/most/ of the new combos are already backordered! I agree with @moriond - the additional dyneema choices are fantastic. Let me ask those of you who are more familiar with how this works - does the fact that these are backordered mean that these choices will continue to be listed as available for order for some more time?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
        Thanks for posting this - wow, many/most/ of the new combos are already backordered! I agree with @moriond - the additional dyneema choices are fantastic. Let me ask those of you who are more familiar with how this works - does the fact that these are backordered mean that these choices will continue to be listed as available for order for some more time?
        Yes, I think they'll be available for a little while. I notice the Swifts have back ordered options like Kiwi/Kiwi/UV but nothing new yet for the little swift (or Pilots). And I didn't see this option up when I checked earlier today.

        Comment


          #5
          Ooh, Black Dyneema/Iberian. Just in time. The other day my Black Dyneema/Iberian S25 looked at me plaintively and said it was lonely (don't ask me why—it's got tons of company). Our first anniversary is coming up and perhaps I'll get it a Side Effect as a friend.

          Wait. Not all of us celebrate bag anniversaries? (Laughs uneasily.)


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
            See, my obsessive daily check of Side Effect color options was rewarded. New combos have been posted! Do I go with a Black dyneema/iberian or a coyote/steel one? Decisions, decisions. (And I already have one, so don't say get both ).
            @sturbridge Do yourself a favor and get both Black Dyneema/Iberian and Coyote/Steel Side Effects.

            On another topic, even though there are no new Pilot colors that I saw (an Aubergine option would be nice, hint, hint!), the Steel/UV Pilot is showing up as available now (no longer on Back Order).

            Comment


              #7
              You guys are fast! You noticed before we even had a split second to announce the new color combinations for backorder! Remind me to call on the forums for my next scavenger hunt.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Badger View Post
                Ooh, Black Dyneema/Iberian. Just in time. The other day my Black Dyneema/Iberian S25 looked at me plaintively and said it was lonely (don't ask me why—it's got tons of company). Our first anniversary is coming up and perhaps I'll get it a Side Effect as a friend.

                Wait. Not all of us celebrate bag anniversaries? (Laughs uneasily.)
                Ahh, but your Black Dyneema/Iberian S25 probably doesn't have a matching companion in Black Dyneema and Iberian unless you reordered you Aeronaut 30 or 45 to take advantage of the recent offerings, or got a Synapse 19 in this combo. Apart from the recent A30, A45, and S19, S25 (again) offerings in this combo, the only previous options were for the Little Swift and Swift. I wonder whether we'll see the Cafe bags refresh with this Black Dyneema/Iberian color option.

                moriond

                Comment


                  #9
                  Oh dear lord *runs off to look*

                  AND NEW SWIFTS ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
                  Last edited by jess; 10-08-2014, 04:20 PM.
                  Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

                  Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by moriond View Post
                    Ahh, but your Black Dyneema/Iberian S25 probably doesn't have a matching companion in Black Dyneema and Iberian unless you reordered you Aeronaut 30 or 45 to take advantage of the recent offerings, or got a Synapse 19 in this combo. Apart from the recent A30, A45, and S19, S25 (again) offerings in this combo, the only previous options were for the Little Swift and Swift. I wonder whether we'll see the Cafe bags refresh with this Black Dyneema/Iberian color option.

                    moriond
                    Luckily for me it doesn't want a companion; all it wants is a little guy to boss around. I'm very happy with my ballistic Aeronauts. Do you hear me? I AM VERY HAPPY. I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE AERONAUTS.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Badger View Post
                      Luckily for me it doesn't want a companion; all it wants is a little guy to boss around. I'm very happy with my ballistic Aeronauts. Do you hear me? I AM VERY HAPPY. I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE AERONAUTS.
                      Synapses are noble by disposition and basically take a benevolent attitude toward Side Effects. Rather than "bossing around" the little guys, they beam with approval at these accessories that enhance their organizational attributes. OK, you may not need more Aeronauts, but the protest sounds a bit too vehement to me

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Then I must have gotten the Bad Seed of Synapses. It's been in a very bad mood lately.

                        (And please. For the love of all that is holy: don't let the Aeronauts hear you!)


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by jess View Post
                          Oh dear lord *runs off to look*

                          AND NEW SWIFTS ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
                          Yup, but I'm waiting for new Little Swift color options. Many of the Swift color options were previously popular combinations, but you may notice they've added Black/Steel (for those who don't like UV)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I just checked the SEs about two hours ago! Thanks for the heads up!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by moriond View Post
                              Yup, but I'm waiting for new Little Swift color options. Many of the Swift color options were previously popular combinations, but you may notice they've added Black/Steel (for those who don't like UV)
                              Yeah, no more Swifts for me either (unless Aubergine/UV or Aubgerine/Steel pops up) but I had to look just in case. After buying the Nordic one (which is beautiful, thanks for asking ) that I really didn't need I'm cutting myself off. I did however promise myself a LS when new colors show up. And I put in an order for a Black Dyneema/UV Side Effect just to see how much more it really carries than my ballistic one. Really it was for educational reasons, lol!
                              Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

                              Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X