Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,687   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New color combos for the Side Effect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't give up hope, the whole swatch guide is new, they might be fine tuning stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennie View Post
      I blame all of you for my new order of a black dyneema/wasabi side effect and a matching Synapse 19! You are all a bunch of enablers!:-)
      Congratulations on your new Dyneema/Wasabi Side Effect and matching Synapse 19, @Bennie. Remember to order a couple of Double Carabiner Clips from the Parts page drop down menu, or else purchase them as one of the options if you order any of the Knitting Tool Pouches (that are great for non-knitting uses). I immediately went back and ordered 5 more of these after receiving my first one, and you can read how using a pair of Double Carabiner Clips will let you use your Side Effect as a seat pocket bag while you travel. The pictures in the post I linked to shows this arrangement for my 400d Dyneema Black/Wasabi Side Effect. (And yes, I am carrying an iPad Mini in its case along with my Kindle Paperwhite in this Side Effect. You can read more about it in this thread and this one where I give details about the configuration. And no, it may not work for all iPad Minis in cases, and it certainly doesn't work for my Ballistic Nylon Side Effects.

You can read more about using double carabiners or S-biners to turn Side Effects into seat pocket bags. in @Ms. Ferret's Side Effect + S-Biners as seat pocket bag thread.

HTH. moriond

Comment

Hmmm......it appears that the packing folks read the forums. I just received a large organizer pouch in the mail. I had not specified colors, and received burnt orange. Now I REALLY want a bag in that color :-)

Comment

Hannah or Darcy, I have a question. I was curious as to whether the Coyote/Steel SE has black zippers, zipper pulls, and shoulder strap, or if they are in coyote, too. I'm still trying to decide how bad I want to be, and add a third SE to my backorder of Verde/UV and Black Dyneema/UV. Thanks!

~Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by ncb4 View Post
            Hannah or Darcy, I have a question. I was curious as to whether the Coyote/Steel SE has black zippers, zipper pulls, and shoulder strap, or if they are in coyote, too. I'm still trying to decide how bad I want to be, and add a third SE to my backorder of Verde/UV and Black Dyneema/UV. Thanks!

~Nancy
            Someone asked about this on Ravelry, too. My guess is that they will follow the custom of the other travel bags, and use the same black zippers, keychain straps, and shoulder straps as for the other bags in that production line. The only bags/accessories that I have that use the all-Coyote accents are associated with either the Guide's Pack or the Founder's Briefcase. I have the Lead's Pocket (purchased separately from the Guide's Pack), and the zippers and zipper tabs are Coyote, the webbing is Coyote, the 8" keychain strap is Coyote (including the plastic attachment ends -- unlike the 8" Coyote keychain straps you can buy separately from Parts, but similar to the 8" Coyote keystraps at Skookum Dog, where they also use Coyote accents for their bags). The pull cords that came with the Lead's Pocket also include Coyote cords. But, in every other case where the larger travel bags have been offered in Coyote (Aeronauts, Nightflight Travel Duffel, Co-Pilot, etc.) the zippers, and plastic component accents have been black, just like all the other bags in that production queue.

My guess is that it would be too difficult to separate out the Side Effects and do different sewing and parts for the zippers, keystraps, etc. in the production queue, but I'd bee interested in knowing the answer, too.

HTH moriond

Comment

Originally posted by ncb4 View Post

~Nancy
              The Coyote Side Effect will have the same black zippers/pulls/straps as the other SEs.
              Last edited by Hannah; 10-16-2014, 12:10 PM. Reason: redundancy sure is redundant

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah View Post
                The Coyote Side Effect will have the same black zippers/pulls/straps as the other SEs.
                @Hannah I "liked" your post, not for the content (since it would be nice if the Coyote Side Effect had Coyote zippers, pulls, straps and other accents in Coyote, although I didn't expect it) but for your editing comment:

Last edited by Hannah; Today at 09:10 AM. Reason: redundancy sure is redundant
                moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                  @Hannah I "liked" your post, not for the content (since it would be nice if the Coyote Side Effect had Coyote zippers, pulls, straps and other accents in Coyote, although I didn't expect it) but for your editing comment:

moriond
                  Thanks to both of you, moriond and Hannah, for the great information. Though I confess, I think it would be nice if the Coyote Side Effect had Coyote zippers, etc. But I certainly understand why that would slow production down too much to make the Coyote SEs differently than all the rest of the line. I'll be interested in seeing photos as soon as someone receives a Coyote SE.

~Nancy

Comment

Working...
                  X