Bye Bye Grape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Grape

We're out of the Grape fabric: no more bags in Grape will be made. And, unlike Plum, we definitely won't be able to get anymore Grape fabric. (The Grape ballistic nylon fabric that is available to us has flaws which we find unacceptable.)

Bags still available in Grape as of today (07/20/07):
    The Style
    Kit

The ID
    The Ego
    The Zephyr
    The Aeronaut
    The LUX

<IMAGE SRC="http://tombihn.com/Merchant2/images/swatches/grape.gif" width=400 height=50>
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Lover of Purple Sad, but Hopeful...

Darcy, any chance that bags formerly produced in Grape will be made in Plum? Particularly (she hints, longingly) the Aeronaut? Or should I just go ahead and order a Grape Aeronaut while some-shade-of-purple remains available?

Comment

Originally posted by LWarren View Post
      Darcy, any chance that bags formerly produced in Grape will be made in Plum?
      It's unlikely that we would replace Ballistic Nylon (Grape) with Cordura (Plum). Sorry! No Plum replacements.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Feelin' dumb about Plum

Sorry, Darcy! I was just thinking about color, and not about the difference in the actual materials.

Comment

Originally posted by LWarren View Post
          Sorry, Darcy! I was just thinking about color, and not about the difference in the actual materials.
          Don't be sorry! It's a good question. We've toyed with the idea of mixing Cordura and Ballistic together, but no one is quite sold on how that looks.

Comment

Will there be a crimson LUX option when grape goes?

Darcy, if you discontinue grape for the LUX will you at least bring back crimson (or, as dsg29 would say, RED) as a color option? The only other color options seem to be Kiwi, Steel, or Black.

moriond

P.S. I've put in orders for dark blue and wasabi brain cells before those (Cordura) color options vanish, but that's another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
              Darcy, if you discontinue grape for the LUX will you at least bring back crimson (or, as dsg29 would say, RED) as a color option? The only other color options seem to be Kiwi, Steel, or Black.
              Yes - we will bring back Crimson. In fact, there's one Crimson LUX left right now: I think it was hiding in the store.

Comment

Working...
              X