Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a "mini" Cafe bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    ...or for dog walks, a Side Effect worn sling-style.
    ooh, now there's an interesting idea!

Comment

Originally Posted by Darcy
      "...or for dog walks, a Side Effect worn sling-style. "

I just got my Indigo Side Effect a few days ago. It didn’t take but a few minutes of experimenting to decide I’d mostly be carrying it sling-style, too. The 1/2 inch shoulder strap is just too thin/stringy to work well on my shoulder. I think a 1 inch strap might work better for that carrying style. I’ll be using it as a purse -- I don’t carry much: iPhone, wallet, chapstick, keys, pen, notebook, kleenex -- around town, and just throw it in my Brain Bag when going to work. I love this little bag already, and think the idea of using one on dog walks to carry doggie biscuits & water is a great idea. Perhaps I need to get one in Plum just for dog walks, as I wouldn’t want biscuit crumbs in my everyday bag.............

I will add that today I got some thin Scotch velcro straps (like the Strapeez) to tie down the extra length of the waist straps. I can’t stand having those things hang down & flop around on any of my bags. I wish there were some kind of smooth clip to do this with, but the velcro will work ok.

While I love my new Side Effect, I’d still like to see a mini Café Bag, too!

Comment

To carry it sling style, I was using only the sewn-in waist strap. Instead of around my waist, I just put it over my head and then under one arm.
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          To carry it sling style, I was using only the sewn-in waist strap. Instead of around my waist, I just put it over my head and then under one arm.
          Ah! I just throw it over my right shoulder like a backpack, using the sewn-in waist strap. With one strap at almost full length, & one almost as short as it will go, the bag rides high on my back/shoulder. I guess I call that "slinging it" over my shoulder I'll try it your way and see how that works, too. So many possibilities with this little Side Effect!

Comment

Working...
          X