Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,774   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Parental Unit (and other November 28th debuts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello lovely helpful people,

Would anyone who has a PU and a SCB be able to tell me if a loaded (not super full, but with stuff in it) SCB fits inside the main compartment of a PU? I just got a gorgeous new red SCB which I've been carrying everywhere, but today it was warm enough to take the kids to the park and I found myself carrying two bags + baby + toddler + jackets and... I need a better way. I'm wondering if I could keep the PCB loaded with child stuff in the outside pockets, and drop the SCB with grownup stuff in the main compartment when we all go out together.

Thanks!
    Abby

Thanks!

Comment

Abby I tested it. It can be done but you lose quite some space that way.
      Here is the PU with a SCB inside. Inside the SCB is a Side Effect with quite some contend and a half full 3D Organizer cube. This uses the depth of the SCB more than fully so you will have more space if you have less thick things in the SCB.
      Next to the SCB in the main compartment I put my 27 oz Bottle and on the other side a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack. Each side could take a bit more.
      In the twin outer pockets I had a nearly full Travel Stuff Sack size 1, a nearly full 3D Organizer Cube and a Small Padded Organizer pouch with a thick Hard Drive in it. On the other side of the back I packed a long warm scarf. The scarf was a bit too much -> zippers where not that happy. You would be better off to put only flat things on one outer pocket.
      I did not take much time to "crack the code" of that setup (love that phrase @sujo). But you might get an idea here.
      Be aware that you can not use the full potential of the Small Cafe Bag highs-wise (in terms of using the give of the flap to put tall items in there).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	295406

Name:	IMG_0381.JPG
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	295405

Name:	IMG_0383.JPG
Size:	529.3 KB
ID:	295407

Name:	IMG_0384.JPG
Size:	634.1 KB
ID:	295408

Name:	IMG_0386.JPG
Size:	607.6 KB
ID:	295409

Ilkyway
      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Ilkyway, you are the best!! Thank you! The Aubergine is so lovely...

It looks like it would work. My SCB usually has wallet, phone, keys, tissues, bus pass and change purse, pen and pencil, and that's pretty much it. Diaper bag to go to the park would need diapers (duh), wipes, blanket, water bottle, some snacks, and a small knitting bag (like the short yarn stuff sack). I think all of those things would fit OK in the outside pockets except for the water bottle, which looks like it could stand up inside the main pocket next to the SCB--right?

Comment

Abby this would work just fine. I put the water-bottle always in the outer corner. It can reach up into that curvy corner of the Parantel Unit. This corners are quite genius because you can tug longish items in there and they stay put there.

Ilkyway
          “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Working...
          X