Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,294   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, Gbharrisiv.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos to the Tom Bihn shipping department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to the Tom Bihn shipping department

I placed an order today for a new Synapse and Freudian Slip. Thirteen minutes after the order confirmation, I got an email saying my order had shipped!!!

Well played, very well played.

Eire

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."

J.R.R. Tolkien

Today I emailed a question to CS thinking I'd get my answer on Monday. Hannah responded this afternoon. Nice!

Comment

They really are quite impressive.
      Okay, now I REALLY want a Dyneema CoPilot!
      I NEED to find a Medium Cafe bag in Dyneema!
      Black Dyneema /Solar is my #1 choice!
      Next would be Steel /steel, or Nordic/solar.
      Looking for Smart Alec in Nordic, or steel /steel Dyneema.
      Also looking for mini OP's in CORK and Solar.

Comment

I love the shipping department. They are so good and fast!

Now if only UPS were more efficient. My order is stuck at the Singapore warehouse due to some UPS "mechanical failure" and now I am worried my stuff will arrive late for Christmas wrapping. Sigh.
        @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrown View Post
          I love the shipping department. They are so good and fast!

Now if only UPS were more efficient. My order is stuck at the Singapore warehouse due to some UPS "mechanical failure" and now I am worried my stuff will arrive late for Christmas wrapping. Sigh.
          UNLIKE! ...

Comment

@Eire, @Dandelion, and others,

Everybody at Tom Bihn gets involved in the final push to get things sent out at holiday time. Since my account of getting a call from Tom when my parcel was ready to go was a side note to a discussion about selecting a backpack to use with the Aeronaut (and color combinations in both bags) back in September, and most forum readers won't have seen it, I'll excerpt my post (#18) in that thread here:

@Pokilani had written:

Originally Posted by Pokilani

I will be toast if they do a black dyneema/UV in an S19 or SCB. Or Co-Pilot. That is one of my dream pairings (Aubergine/UV is the other). I just ordered a small black SB to go along with my UV one to keep myself happy. Why oh why do Tom and the Crew have to make such beautiful/high quality products? And is it disrespectful of me to call him Tom? As if he's one of my close friends?

I replied at length about the Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet color combination availability in various bags, and then added an anecdote to address her last two questions:

Originally Posted by moriond

ETA: It's not disrespectful "to call him Tom? As if he's one of my close friends?" If it gets towards their Christmas rush, everybody pitches in. One year near Christmas I had a phone call that started "Hi, this is Tom…" and went on to explain that all my ordered items except for a Hunter green Kit could ship immediately -- did I want to wait? No, I didn't. (This was a while ago, and the rare, Sapphire Dyneema Shop bag was one of the items in my order.). Just sayin' that even though I was flabbergasted to hear Tom on the other end of the phone, he introduced himself as "Tom").

Since this was a question about Tom, I didn't mention that Darcy was also at the other end, doing the final pack up of items in my box as Tom relayed my comments to her. Also, when I mentioned how much I loved the Sapphire Dyneema, Tom mentioned that they had just one more of those shop bags left, and asked whether I wanted it. (Darcy was apparently holding it up in the background as Tom described it.). Well, of course my answer was "Yes!"

Just to let you all know that they've all, always been awesome. And I also want to give a shout out for their amazing sewing staff, who bore the brunt of trying to get products back in stock and ready for our last minute orders. You guys rock!

moriond

Comment

They really are amazing. Hannah snagged me the very last Crimson SCB a couple of weeks ago. I ordered one when they came out, had it sent to a friend, and said friend promptly fell in love with it; of course, at that point they were gone forever. I emailed Hannah to see if there might be just one more (so I could let my friend keep the first one) and she did, sitting in the store! And she put it away safely for me, and it is now... well, it's in the country somewhere, on its way to me, eventually!

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
                UNLIKE! ...
                Good news! My stuff finally came. The late first order came together with my second order and for some reason, UPS absorbed the GST for the first shipment. Must be to make up for the delay.

Doesn't make me less mad at UPS but at least it is before Christmas Eve.

And since I am here on the topic, big thanks to Hollie for snagging me the last LS in Aubergine. My mother will be pleased!
                @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrown View Post
                  Good news! My stuff finally came. The late first order came together with my second order and for some reason, UPS absorbed the GST for the first shipment. Must be to make up for the delay.

Doesn't make me less mad at UPS but at least it is before Christmas Eve.

And since I am here on the topic, big thanks to Hollie for snagging me the last LS in Aubergine. My mother will be pleased!
                  Looking forward to the pictures. Especially one with your beautiful mom and her new LS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mrbrown, now please send some of that good karma my way. UPS says that mine has been in the country since the 15th, but the Israeli postal system denies all knowledge.

Comment

Hey TB Team

Inspired by @weirdguy's beautiful SA in Black/Black/Solar, I finally decided to get an updated SA in Black/Black/Iberian (my personal favorite combo) 4 days ago - last Saturday ...
                      ... only to find (and I know you all know what is coming) that it had just got sold out on the website and now on backorder!!

After praying to the powers that be, I sent an email to TB Customer Service Saturday morning asking if there was one lonely one left that might be looking for a good home with the other TB family members I had purchased over the years.

Hannah emailed back the same day that there was one left (Hallelujah!) and that I could get it - THANK-YOU SO MUCH HANNAH!!

So, out it went Monday Morning to Toronto, Canada - thanks in no small part to the efficient TB Shipping team! ... but would it make it before Christmas?

... AND IT JUST DID!!!!! I just got it now before noon - 2 days later and just in time for Christmas ... I swear UPS uses reindeer this time of the year because this normally takes 5 days!

I now have a nice brown gift-wrapped present for Christmas! (one extra day to get my new TB present!)

THANK-YOU VERY MUCH TB CREW
                      AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Cheers!
                      TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Hannah found me one of the last remaining Little Swifts! She's the best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                          Hannah found me one of the last remaining Little Swifts! She's the best :-)
                          What color? was it the Aubergine/Wasabi one you had asked about?

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                            What color? was it the Aubergine/Wasabi one you had asked about?
                            No, it's verde/ultraviolet. When I emailed her, she said they had those two left. I went with the verde, but then thought maybe I should get both -- but the aubergine had been snatched up. So I consoled myself by adding a back ordered navy/Iberian Swift to the order.

Comment

Originally posted by tpnl View Post
                              Hey TB Team

Inspired by @weirdguy's beautiful SA in Black/Black/Solar, I finally decided to get an updated SA in Black/Black/Iberian (my personal favorite combo) 4 days ago - last Saturday ...
                              ... only to find (and I know you all know what is coming) that it had just got sold out on the website and now on backorder!!

After praying to the powers that be, I sent an email to TB Customer Service Saturday morning asking if there was one lonely one left that might be looking for a good home with the other TB family members I had purchased over the years.

Hannah emailed back the same day that there was one left (Hallelujah!) and that I could get it - THANK-YOU SO MUCH HANNAH!!

So, out it went Monday Morning to Toronto, Canada - thanks in no small part to the efficient TB Shipping team! ... but would it make it before Christmas?

... AND IT JUST DID!!!!! I just got it now before noon - 2 days later and just in time for Christmas ... I swear UPS uses reindeer this time of the year because this normally takes 5 days!

I now have a nice brown gift-wrapped present for Christmas! (one extra day to get my new TB present!)

THANK-YOU VERY MUCH TB CREW
                              AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Cheers!
                              I was so glad to help, @tpnl! Happy holidays!

Comment

Working...
                              X