Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,294   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share Your Fun Christmas TB Gift Stories Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I didn't GET any TB for Christmas (don't feel bad for me though; I got shoes) but I got my husband a Steel TT and an Olive 3D Clear Organizer Cube. He is not a gusher, and his only other TB item so far is a Ristretto that I got for him a few months ago, but his new travel goodies went into immediate use on our trip to visit family. In his quiet way he is coming around and I could totally see him loving a WF.

Comment

I gave my brother and his wife a shop bag of goodies (a bottle of wine in each pocket, of course) and his reaction on picking it up was "This is a nice bag - do we get to keep it?" His wife immediately began planning a picnic because she'd been wanting to get a basket but "this bag is so much better." It's a good thing they didn't mention the picnic basket before Christmas or I might have foolishly bought them one of those instead.

Hopefully the inlaws will be as appreciative when they get their gift next time we see them.

Comment

Husband finally decided to keep the Cadet. He thinks it may be a bit small for travel, but was swayed by its good looks. He also talked me into swapping the steel COP I'd gotten him for my Iberian OP. A Bihnion in the making? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
          Husband finally decided to keep the Cadet.
          The Cadet is a sharp bag. I was lucky enough to get my hands on the previous smaller version, but then got a bigger laptop, so I gave the Cadet to a family member who is enjoying its sleek profile.

Not really a TB gift story, but I'm enjoying the new 2014 year in review article on the blog. Seeing the updates summarizes on one page makes me realize how much the company has done in the past year and how much fun it has been to be part of the interactive forums that get to weigh in on the process a little bit.

ETA: under the blog listing of the new colors, in addition to verde, also listed are red blend, azure, and orange 152. But not burnt orange. Still, I'm hopeful this means that red blend, azure, and orange 152 are going to be part of the permanent lineup (or if not permanent, then more than just limited offerings. And in fact they are available as backordered cafe bags, not just part of the limited brights holiday series).
          Last edited by GoStanford; 01-01-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I hid my partner's new iPhone in a stuff sack in our new Olive/UV PU; she was expecting the PU and the small being whose gear it will soon carry, so I needed a surprise element!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PU 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	294175

Comment

Originally posted by WillisR View Post
              I hid my partner's new iPhone in a stuff sack in our new Olive/UV PU; she was expecting the PU and the small being whose gear it will soon carry, so I needed a surprise element!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9822[/ATTACH]
              This might be the best story yet! Good job, Santa!

Comment

My brother loves his new black/steel Synapse and the assortment of pouches I ordered for him. He had never heard of Tom Bihn, nor the notion of tethering, but he allowed me to dorkily demonstrate how efficient this type of modular organization is. I think he is a convert now. He is flying back to Singapore with it tomorrow, and his old Jansport won't be making the return trip. Here are our sibling backpacks, mine on the left in the older style:

Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

@Amy,
                  Thank you for increasing the chances of Tom Bihn sightings in Singapore! ^.^

Comment

Share Your Fun Christmas TB Gift Stories Here!

Originally posted by icebeng View Post
                    @Amy,
                    Thank you for increasing the chances of Tom Bihn sightings in Singapore! ^.^
                    So far, my Tom Bihn sighting in Singapore is a grand total of one, a choir buddy in church who happens to share the same love for Tom Bihn bags.

We saw each other's (he had a S19 and I had a Co-Pilot) and we've been enabling each other since.
                    Last edited by mrbrown; 01-05-2015, 09:42 PM.
                    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

Working...
                    X