Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,209   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OK, I made a half-joking comment in the Azure thread but now it's kind of got me thinking - has anyone hacked their Field Journal notebook to hold an iPad Mini or e-Ink Kindle? It seems like it would be about the right size to make an all-in-one holder for mini device, mobile phone, and wallet as sort of an on-the-go reading/surfing kit to take to coffee shops or on airplanes, etc.
    Rambling On. . . . .

    Comment


      I have a few sets of unused removable waist/hip straps from my bags. Would it be possible to modify them to be used as gatekeeper straps on the SA? Has anyone successfully done this?

      Thanks!

      Comment


        Originally posted by flips712 View Post
        I have a few sets of unused removable waist/hip straps from my bags. Would it be possible to modify them to be used as gatekeeper straps on the SA? Has anyone successfully done this?

        Thanks!
        They look pretty much identical to me, so I think it should be an easy job. You'll just have to cut the straps shorter and do a bit of DIY sewing and melting of the edges of the cut strap to prevent them from fraying?

        Comment


          @Adalangdon

          Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Since I'm not using the straps anyways I think it'd be worth it to give it a try. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

          Comment


            Originally posted by HonestMarshwiggle View Post
            Hi Everyone. You've got a nice forum going on here, and I figured I could add this little project to the mix.

            My MCB is a great EDC bag, but when I fill it with my Chromebook and paper folders at work, I don't have enough room to spare for water & lunch. I've fixed this problem by adding a fairly inconspicuous 1-1/2" Triangle Metal Hook (from the TB Parts page) to the bag... Can you see it?
            I know this is kind of an old post, but I think this is brilliant and also wanted to say that I LOVE the screen name "Honest Marshwiggle."

            Sincerely,
            A Narnian
            Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

            Comment


              May I just say: y'all are so BRILLIANT and CREATIVE! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas!
              Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Meglet View Post
                OK, I made a half-joking comment in the Azure thread but now it's kind of got me thinking - has anyone hacked their Field Journal notebook to hold an iPad Mini or e-Ink Kindle? It seems like it would be about the right size to make an all-in-one holder for mini device, mobile phone, and wallet as sort of an on-the-go reading/surfing kit to take to coffee shops or on airplanes, etc.
                I'd love to hear more about this idea!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by loma View Post
                  I'd love to hear more about this idea!
                  I can't decide if I want to wait to see if someone else has done it, or just go ahead and order a Field Journal and work on hacking it for an iPad Mini myself. The deciding factor may be whether or not there really is an Azure FJN still hanging out on the wall at the shop, or if that was French Blue and it just looked Azure-ish due to the lighting.
                  Rambling On. . . . .

                  Comment


                    Meglet, I'm getting ready to return a new Azure FJN next week.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
                      Meglet, I'm getting ready to return a new Azure FJN next week.
                      Customer Service said there was indeed a random Azure FJN hanging unnoticed in the shop. It is now on it's way to me and I'll have to get creative to turn it into an iPad Mini kit.
                      Rambling On. . . . .

                      Comment


                        Love this solution! , Im going to use it for my klean kanteen.

                        Comment


                          Padded hip belt for Synapse/Smart Alec turns the Sidekick into a rad fanny pack!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5293.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	301516

                          Comment


                            Size 2 Travel Stuff Sack converts into a dice tray with a couple of binder clips.



                            Just snug the drawstring in a little and pinch off the corners.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Izzy View Post
                              I know this is kind of an old post, but I think this is brilliant and also wanted to say that I LOVE the screen name "Honest Marshwiggle."

                              Sincerely,
                              A Narnian
                              Ha, thanks. I'll let you know if I find Overland.

                              Comment


                                Looks something like the backpacks with a zipped-in removable daypack.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X