Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,775   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article: Chris Guillebeau visted every country in the world, with "Empire Builder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article: Chris Guillebeau visted every country in the world, with "Empire Builder"

While I was reading an article about Chris Guillebeau's achievement of traveling every country in this world before his 35th Birthday, I stumbled across this sentence
    MH: What do you never leave home without when you’re on the road?

CG: I’m pretty basic. Everything goes in my Briggs & Riley rollaboard and my Tom Bihn “Empire Builder” laptop bag. In addition to taking my MacBook Air everywhere I go, I also use a paper notebook (shock and awe!) for capturing ideas and making notes.
    Tom Bihn "Empire Builder" Laptop Bag. Wow, it is very unexpected. I somehow first misread it as Brain Bag.

The link to the full article via NatGeo: Travel Lens: Chris Guillebeau’s World – Intelligent Travel

Enjoy!
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
    While I was reading an article about Chris Guillebeau's achievement of traveling every country in this world before his 35th Birthday, I stumbled across this sentence

Tom Bihn "Empire Builder" Laptop Bag. Wow, it is very unexpected. I somehow first misread it as Brain Bag.

The link to the full article via NatGeo: Travel Lens: Chris Guillebeau’s World – Intelligent Travel

Enjoy!
    Loved the 13 credit cards tip!
    So much to catch up!

Comment

Good eye @weirdguy!

and circling back around ... in the TB blog, they have an article on Chris's book, The $100 Startup, where he writes about Tom Bihn products:

Tom's review of The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau - FIELD TRIPS by TOM BIHNFIELD TRIPS by TOM BIHN

Cheers!
      Last edited by tpnl; 01-19-2015, 03:55 AM.
      TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Wow, I didn't realise Chris Guillebeau is a big part of TB Family. I mean bigger than I initially thought. Lol, this also remind me how people always say the World is actually smaller than many otherwise thought.

Great find @tpnl. Now, I do really need to try read that book.
        Thanks!

Add: More great! The book is available at Audible! Added to Wish List. Will get it when my following Credit is available.
        Last edited by weirdguy; 01-19-2015, 05:10 AM.
        Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
        Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
        Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
        Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Yup, I read $100 Startup and was totally excited to read about Tom Bihn in the book.

Comment

Working...
          X