Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,777   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cache for iPad Air - too small?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cache for iPad Air - too small?

Is the Cache for iPad Air supposed to be able to fit the Air with the Apple Smart Cover?

I just received the vertical cache, and the iPad by itself is already a tight fit; with the Smart Cover on I can get the iPad in, but really have to push hard after the iPad is halfway in.

I have a horizontal cache for the iPad 3, and never had any problems like this (this is from before the current design; it has a different exterior material and no rails). I have a current generation vertical cache for MBA 11", and it fits pretty tightly too (although it's become easier after a few weeks of use).

I'm not sure if the issue is:

1) Vertical Cache is always "tighter" than horizontal
    2) Cache for iPad Air isn't designed with smart cover in mind

It may be that, like the cache for 11" Air, it's just new and needs to stretch out. But I'm already debating whether to exchange this, so I can't really use it and hope that it just "stretches out" with use.

Thanks!

I just got one and think it seems pretty tight as well. I can get it in there with my Logitech keyboard attached....but it is a royal pain to get it out most times. It's pretty tight with just the bare iPad.

Comment

I have a Smart Cover on my iPad mini and use a cache with it. It will loosen. Fear not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Working...
      X