Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,218   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera IO configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera IO configuration?

I'm new to Tom Bihn, bought a Brain Bag and Camera IO today. I'm just curious how everyone configures their Camera IO? I'm actually on a business trip right now and happen to be in Seattle so I went to the TB store and I have my gripped Canon 5D Mark III, 24-105, and 70-200 with me. I configured it so the 70-200 stands upright, and then next to it I laid the 24-105 on its side, placed a velcro divider on top of it, and the 5D3 body on top of it. I'm stoked to be able to get both lenses and the gripped 5D3 in the Camera IO insert but I'm not sure how I feel about the weight of the camera body on the 24-105.

Just curious what everyone else carries in their Camera IO and how you have the dividers configured?

Jason
    Jason
    Aeronaut 45 | Brain Bag | Medium Cafe Bag | Various odds and ends

We have configured ours to have 3 vertical columns. In the middle column, we place our camera body (Nikon D5200) with the lens facing down. This takes up the majority of this column, but depending on which lens you have on the body you could probably store a second (smaller) lens underneath the body. In one of the outside columns, we have 2 lenses that are separated by one of those short velcro pieces. It basically makes it a 2 storied column. In the other outside column, we have a few organizer pouches that hold all our accessories (batteries, chargers, cables, memory cards, USB adapters, filters, brushes, etc.) I hope this helped you. We think it works well for our needs

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoose62 View Post
      We have configured ours to have 3 vertical columns. In the middle column, we place our camera body (Nikon D5200) with the lens facing down. This takes up the majority of this column, but depending on which lens you have on the body you could probably store a second (smaller) lens underneath the body. In one of the outside columns, we have 2 lenses that are separated by one of those short velcro pieces. It basically makes it a 2 storied column. In the other outside column, we have a few organizer pouches that hold all our accessories (batteries, chargers, cables, memory cards, USB adapters, filters, brushes, etc.) I

hope this helped you. We think it works well for our needs
      Thanks! Due to the grip on my 5D3 it prevents me from placing it face down, my only option is to remove the lens so that's a limiting factor for me.
      Jason
      Aeronaut 45 | Brain Bag | Medium Cafe Bag | Various odds and ends

Comment

Working...
      X