Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-Pilot in dyneema?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-Pilot in dyneema?

I have a co-pilot in dyneema that's got some wear issues and I really want to buy another one. Are they no longer being produced? I don't see a dyneema option on the product page but there is still a picture of a dyneema version still up.

Originally posted by ptp54487 View Post
    I have a co-pilot in dyneema that's got some wear issues and I really want to buy another one. Are they no longer being produced? I don't see a dyneema option on the product page but there is still a picture of a dyneema version still up.
    The only exterior 400d Dyneema still in TB production is Black Dyneema. Nordic and Steel had been retired.

The fabric Black Dyneema somehow ran out of stock end of last year hence affected the production and its later availability especially current stock ran out. If you could read further previous posts in other thread, @moriond posted outstanding reply on this - similar question when would Dyneema be back in some bag.

http://forums.tombihn.com/general-ba...post91093.html

Other than that, may I ask what happened to your CP? I also own a Dyneema CP and I am quite wary of its wear especially the fabric itself because it easily get dirty over time and it wouldn't look as new as first, compare to ballistic. I currently own a Steel Dyneema UMP and over time, I could see how the color of Steel Dyneema become lighter grey and how white of white lines could impact the overall dullness of the overall bag. I just recently hand washed with warm water to ensure a whiter lines.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 02-04-2015, 02:35 AM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The problem isn't a dirt or appearance issue. The bottom corners of the main pocket are worn through after a couple of years of daily use. I'm pretty sure it's because I often keep a pad of paper in the pocket that fills the entire width of the pocket, and the corners of the pad of paper are stiff and rub against the corners of the bag. If I can ever get another one I won't carry a pad of paper in the same way; I understand the tradeoffs of dyneema and will adjust accordingly.

I love to the Co-Pilot, but I vastly prefer the dyneema version, and hope I can get one again some day.

Comment

The black dyneema version is pretty nice. I would suggest writing to Tom Bihn customer service to let them know that you want one. They do seem to respond to some customer suggestions, and if they are producing a new lot, they may be able to let you know the timing.
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
        X