Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulate me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulate me!

For the first time ever I am one-bagging it! And with my Western Flyer no less! I'm heading out for a 5-day trip. I have my Pilot packed empty inside my WF so I can have a smaller bag once I reach Kansas. If I can figure out how to post photos from my iPhone, I'll attach a photo. The bag is fully stuffed, but still, it is just the one bag!

Later note... I am either too tired from my pitiful four hours of rest or I can't do it, but I can't figure out how to put a photo in this post. I'll try to add one later on.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mausermama; 02-11-2015, 01:46 PM.

Mausermama this is a big HURRAY! After all the talk in the "Bag Lady" thread this is such a great counter-weight. One Day I will get there too. Looking forward to pictures, of cause ;-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Congratulations! And for a five day trip, no less!
      What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Comment

Congratulations! And it's probably not all that warm in Kansas right now so you get extra points for having to pack more than a bikini and a sarong (which I'm sure are de rigueur in KS at other times of year).

Comment

Wahoo...good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
            For the first time ever I am one-bagging it! And with my Western Flyer no less! I'm heading out for a 5-day trip. I have my Pilot packed empty inside my WF so I can have a smaller bag once I reach Kansas. If I can figure out how to post photos from my iPhone, I'll attach a photo. The bag is fully stuffed, but still, it is just the one bag!

Later note... I am either too tired from my pitiful four hours of rest or I can't do it, but I can't figure out how to put a photo in this post. I'll try to add one later on.
            Awesome! Let us know how it goes. And, hey, email your photo to me: [email protected] and I'll attach it for you. (I want to see it!)
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Way to go Mausermama! I have dreams of one-bagging it to London with the WF in March for 9 days. I know I can do it with the A30, but I'm going to have to bring either my laptop or iPad on this trip. I thought I could get away without them, but my colleague seems to think we have to grade while we are in London! I can't wait to see your picture and packing list (hint, hint).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                my colleague seems to think we have to grade while we are in London!
                That's a weird thing to think. (And what's that about the road to hell being paved with good intentions?). Does s/he expect you to sit together daily and have special grading time? If it's the perception that the students on the trip must have their work returned to them as they complete it, can you just have them do it on paper and grade by hand? (The students would then supply their own paper, of course.)

I'm pretty lazy but if it was just my iPad that was keeping me from one-bagging, I would do everything in my power to get the grading done at another time (note: I did not say "ahead of time"!).
                [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                  but my colleague seems to think we have to grade while we are in London!

That is crazy talk!! Just say no to grading while traveling!

Comment

Thanks, Darcy!

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    Awesome! Let us know how it goes. And, hey, email your photo to me: [email protected] and I'll attach it for you. (I want to see it!)
                    I am now in Lindsborg, KS. Look it up ya'll. it's my home town and it's tiny! I did send you a few photos. Internet coverage is extremely spotty. If you think any of the photos are good enough, please feel free to post them.

And thanks for the encouragement, everyone! It was a challenge, and my husband was duly impressed when he dropped me off at the airport at 5 this morning with only the WF in sight. After more than twenty years of marriage, it's good to keep him surprised at something!

Comment

Please send us a Dala horse and some rye bread from The Swedish Crown.

Comment

LOVE Lindsborg! We detour off I-135 to stop for dinner if the timing is right coming home from visits to Colorado. I had a good friend who grew up there, too, but imagine he was way before your time (born in 1943). Have a great time, even though you just missed a few days of temps in the 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Em View Post
                          LOVE Lindsborg! We detour off I-135 to stop for dinner if the timing is right coming home from visits to Colorado. I had a good friend who grew up there, too, but imagine he was way before your time (born in 1943). Have a great time, even though you just missed a few days of temps in the 60's.
                          Try me! My parents were born in '46, and I know a lot of people! My parents started and owned The Hemslojd, so I grew up with lots of Dala horses and as a Swedish dancer, I even travelled to Sweden! Glad to know there are others like you and TavaPeak who know the town!

Comment

I still have some things I got at Hemslojd. Enjoyed that shop so much! Felt like I was getting in touch with roots I didn't know I had. I'd need an A45 if I went to Lindsborg. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                              That is crazy talk!! Just say no to grading while traveling!
                              I've decided to let him bring the laptop!

Comment

Working...
                              X