Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCB & new nylon color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCB & new nylon color

I emailed TB yesterday asking when the LCB would be available for order . . . Hannah said by late February/early March. I also asked about any new colors that may be coming out (we ordered 2 SideEffects & I was curious as to whether any new colors would be coming out before we ordered). Hannah said there would be a new Ballistic Nylon Color coming out . . . no other details.

Also went ahead & ordered the MCB in FrenchBlue . . . seems it may be big enough for my day-bag while in Europe. If not, will order the LCB in the next few weeks. Photos to follow when they arrive.

From Hannah-
    "The Large Cafe Bags will be available for order either late February or early March. They're not too far off! For the moment, we don't have any plans on having new colors or materials coming out. There's a "new" Ballistic Nylon color, but I can't say much more than that.

Secrets are secrets! "
    Last edited by chinalake; 02-18-2015, 05:55 PM.

Originally posted by chinalake View Post
    I emailed TB yesterday asking when the LCB would be available for order . . . Hannah said by late February/early March. I also asked about any new colors that may be coming out (we ordered 2 SideEffects & I was curious as to whether any new colors would be coming out before we ordered). Hannah said there would be a new Ballistic Nylon Color coming out . . . no other details.

Also went ahead & ordered the MCB in FrenchBlue . . . seems it may be big enough for my day-bag while in Europe. If not, will order the LCB in the next few weeks. Photos to follow when they arrive.
    WHAT?! And no further clues?! And here I just placed a big order yesterday. Looks like I may be placing another order soon

Thanks for the info, Chinalake!

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let it be red!

Comment

Such a tease of a post! I simply saw the post's title and went right to the product page looking for the new LCBs. Alas, not yet... But at least we now know it will be soon.

Comment

Another consideration for the MCB is to attach a SE to the OUTSIDE of the bag via gatekeepers. You can order a pair of them in spare parts. There are loops for the waist straps on both the back and the front, and you only need one for the straps. I recommend the waist straps added security, especially when traveling. They also make a heavier bag more balance and you can choose to put the opening flap towards you or away from you, whatever the situation calls for.

Simply attach the SE to the other loops and you have added storage!

Comment

'new' was in quotation marks, huh? Does that suggest a re-release of an oldie but goodie?

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
              'new' was in quotation marks, huh? Does that suggest a re-release of an oldie but goodie?
              My thoughts exactly. And there is definitely an opening for a red.

Comment

Or what if it's an existing cordura color that will now be available in ballistic? Fingers crossed for red blend.

Out of curiosity, which ballistic colors have been discontinued in the past?
                Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

I like your tag line!

Former Ballistic colors were Cardinal (a deep red), Forest (a deep green) and Indigo (a deep bright blue sort of like Nordic).

And... this, I missed!
                  And the revival of 420d HT Parapack continues: we’ve made our Small, Medium, and Large Café Bags, Synapse 19, Synapse 25, 3D Fabric Organizer Cube, and 3D Mesh Organizer Cube available in 420d HT Parapack.
                  Last edited by backpack; 02-19-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Coyote - Verde (Forest but fading out) - Steel - Black - Aubergine - Navy is what we have in Ballistic right now. I put them in order from warm to cool with Black as the true neutral here and Steel very slightly on the warm side. This gives us two warm, two cold and (if counting Steel neutral) two neutrals.
                    Red is an interesting color because it plays nice with blue and green. Even so I am not that big of a red fan, if there was a place to vote red would get mine. And if it would be that very interesting Red Blend that would be quite the thing.
                    But to put the scale between warm and cool colors in balance again I would be so bold as to ask for something like Storm in the next "new-color-round".

Oh my... I had a bit of a stare into my tealeaves on the bottom of my cup... I think that is where this post is coming from... Maybe this badge of tea is a bit strong...

Ilkyway
                    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Speaking of reviving old colours, I hope Hunter will be brought back one day. I know it wasn't a custom colour, but is that actually a bar to bringing it back? Or at least a colour similar to Hunter, as a nice blackish pure green would be really great in the lineup. It's as classy and unique as Aubergine and less gendered (much as I strongly disapprove of the notion that there are gender-appropriate colours). Plus, it's not a colour duplicated in other fabrics (cf Verde).

I'm crossing my fingers real hard for a Red Blend-like shade or Crimson. Crimson really pops in a way that Cardinal doesn't. Either way, I'm jumping for a 'red' Swift if that comes up 8-)
                      Last edited by adalangdon; 02-19-2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Speaking of reviving old colours, I hope Hunter will be brought back one day. I know it wasn't a custom colour, but is that actually a bar to bringing it back? Or at least a colour similar to Hunter, as a nice blackish green would be really great in the lineup. It's as classy and unique as Aubergine and less gendered. Plus, it's not a colour duplicated in other fabrics (cf Verde).

I'm crossing my fingers real hard for a Red Blend-like shade or Crimson. Crimson really pops in a way that Cardinal doesn't. Either way, I'm jumping for a 'red' Swift if that comes up 8-)
                        OMG! If Hunter makes a reappearance I'd be in so much trouble. Imagine a Hunter/UV Swift *swoons*
                        Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
                          And... this, I missed!
                          And the revival of 420d HT Parapack continues: we’ve made our Small, Medium, and Large Café Bags, Synapse 19, Synapse 25, 3D Fabric Organizer Cube, and 3D Mesh Organizer Cube available in 420d HT Parapack.
                          WHAT?! I just checked the Cafe Bags and didn't see Parapack listed as an option. It's coming back???
                          kindness is contagious.

Comment

I'm photographing bags (Western Flyer, Aeronaut, Small Q-Kit) in the new ballistic color this week. Can't wait to share it with everyone! It's tried and true, and adds some warmth to the ballistic color options.
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy - did you say small Q-kit - as in there may be additional sizes coming?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X