Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,183   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, drkrokr.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCB & new nylon color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is almost end of February, 3 more days (Seattle Time). I think it is most likely on first of March. Any more hints?
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

LCBs page now lists multiple colors available by April!!! Chant with me: Yeah LCBs!!! Yeah LCBs!!! Yeah LCBs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Holly View Post
        LCBs page now lists multiple colors available by April!!! Chant with me: Yeah LCBs!!! Yeah LCBs!!! Yeah LCBs!!!
        And Azure/Olive too!! What a strange (and exciting) combination...

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
          And... this, I missed!
          And the revival of 420d HT Parapack continues: we’ve made our Small, Medium, and Large Café Bags, Synapse 19, Synapse 25, 3D Fabric Organizer Cube, and 3D Mesh Organizer Cube available in 420d HT Parapack.
          @backpack-- is this a recent announcement from the Crew? I've been off the grid for a few weeks and have apparently missed a few things I sort of miss the old blog for information. The new blog is very spiffy, but it was easier to find information on the old.

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
            And Azure/Olive too!! What a strange (and exciting) combination...

But no Kelly. Yet, perhaps?
            I think I'm just gonna get a MCB Kelly and reserved the bigger space Bag for DLBP in Kelly, as well.

Anyway, does anyone remember any comparison photo of Kelly and Olive side by side?

Comment

Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
              @backpack-- is this a recent announcement from the Crew? I've been off the grid for a few weeks and have apparently missed a few things I sort of miss the old blog for information. The new blog is very spiffy, but it was easier to find information on the old.
              @Tlactme, This isn't backpack, but I think you quoted a passage from a November 2013 blog post. On the other hand, they have been restocking pouches in Parapack, and for the first time (at least, that I can recall), I've been able to order large organizer pouches in Parapack. OK, they only had Black and Steel. I think that listing showed up near the very end if January, when they restocked 3D organizer cubes (fabric, mesh, etc.) in various Parapack colors, and I think some of the Snake Charmers may also have refreshed around then?

This is just from rough memory and someone else may chime in, but lot of the accessory options in Parapack restocked around then -- end of January. And Hannah might have been on vacation around then?

Sorry not be more precise, but I was traveling just before then

moriond
              Last edited by moriond; 02-27-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Yup, @moriond is correct with the Parapack Pouches restocking in last month January. I think should be middle.
                If I am not wrong, @icebeng pointed out the Product Name's Update of Cordura Organizer Pouch to Cordura/Parapack. I quickly place a Large Parapack Steel OP. However, there wasn't any Mini.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                  @Tlactme, This isn't backpack, but I think you quoted a passage from a November 2013 blog post. On the other hand, they have been restocking pouches in Parapack, and for the first time (at least, that I can recall), I've been able to order large organizer pouches in Parapack. OK, they only had Black and Steel. I think that listing showed up near the very end if January, when they restocked 3D organizer cubes (fabric, mesh, etc.) in various Parapack colors, and I think some of the Snake Charmers may also have refreshed around then?

This is just from rough memory and someone else may chime in, but lot of the accessory options in Parapack restocked around then -- end of January. And Hannah might have been on vacation around then?

Sorry not be more precise, but I was traveling just before then

moriond
                  Was that a November 2013 or 2014 post?

I was thinking of getting 3D Cubes in Parapack but decided to wait until the new announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
                    Was that a November 2013 or 2014 post?

I was thinking of getting 3D Cubes in Parapack but decided to wait until the new announcements.
                    @backpack, That quote that begins "And the revival of 420d HT Parapack continues:…" is from the last paragraph of the November 12, 2013 blog post about Parapack:
                    The Story behind 420 Denier High Tenacity

It could not be from November 2014 if it goes on to say "we’ve made our Small, Medium, and Large Café Bags, Synapse 19, Synapse 25, 3D Fabric Organizer Cube, and 3D Mesh Organizer Cube available in 420d HT Parapack."

The Large Cafe Bag in any format sold out in September (2014), and did not reappear until yesterday. None of the 8 new LCB offerings available for back order by late April is Parapack on the outside, though seven of them use Parapack lining combinations (Azure/Olive, Black/Steel, Burnt Orange/Steel, Grey/Olive, Olive/Steel, Orange 152/Navy, and Red Blend/Olive) with the eight being a Dyneema (Black 400d Dyneema/Wasabi) combination. It's true that there was one LCB in Olive Parapack found on thé showroom floor for someone who reported back about finding that bag too floppy, and who may have returned it.

I agree with @Tlactme that the present blog pages are difficult to search.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
                      Yup, @moriond is correct with the Parapack Pouches restocking in last month January. I think should be middle.
                      If I am not wrong, @icebeng pointed out the Product Name's Update of Cordura Organizer Pouch to Cordura/Parapack. I quickly place a Large Parapack Steel OP. However, there wasn't any Mini.
                      The reference link was @icebeng's post #200 on 23 January 2015 in the Back Orders/Back in Stock sticky thread:
                      Originally posted by icebeng View Post
                      I dunno if I've completely missed this and if this is old news already, but did the Cordura Organizer Pouches get updated to include Parapack options?
                      Cordura or Parapack Organizer Pouches - Organizer Pouches Made of 1000 or 500d tough Cordura nylon. Lots of colors. - TOM BIHN
                      I also ordered a large steel parapack organizer pouch. This material is good for carrying items outside of bags. I still prefer my 500d Cordura large organizer pouches for general paper carrying, where I don't need that much structural support (plus, I like the colors of Cayenne, Wasabi, Crimson, etc. as well as Steel).

A lot of the other organizer cubes in Parapack refreshed at the same time. I was traveling around the third week of January when this post went up, so I didn't get an order in until a few days later.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                        Yup! Small for sure this round -- maybe other sizes in the future.
                        Any chance we could get dimensions for this small Q-Kit?

Comment

Originally posted by brucep View Post
                          Any chance we could get dimensions for this small Q-Kit?
                          Not quite yet, but definitely in a week from today. We have to keep some things a surprise!
                          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Setting countdown clock now......
                            Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

Like! Like! Like!

Comment

Working...
                              X