Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,585   Posts: 188,394   Members: 6,557   Active Members: 310
Welcome to our newest member, Sharron99O.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Padded Hip Belt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padded Hip Belt Question

Hello,

Is there any chance that there will be a padded hip belt for the Tri-Star or Aeronaut? There are times this would be a great option to have.

Originally posted by cpmorgan View Post
    Hello,

Is there any chance that there will be a padded hip belt for the Tri-Star or Aeronaut? There are times this would be a great option to have.
    According to the blog, looks like they are planning on it.

Comment

I can't wait for a padded belt for my Aeronaut!

Comment

My fingers are crossed for an Aeronaut 45 hip belt by early May.
        Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

I'm hoping for something for the Guide's Pack akin to ideas that have been posted here and the new Brain Bag one. Though given the dwindling color selections for the GP I'm wondering if it's heading for an early retirement.

Comment

The Blog stated:
            The Brain Bag Padded Hip Belt is available in one size that adjusts to fits hips measuring between 33″ / 84cm and 50″ / 125cm.
            I'm wearing a Uniqlo pants size of 76-80 depends on the design. Does that mean I am most probably no luck with the BB's PHB?!
            Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
            Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
            Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
            Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

@weirdguy, I do not think you need to worry about the BB Hip Belt not being long enough for you.

Here are 2 pictures of the Hip Waist Strap on me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB Hip Belt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	295845

Name:	BB Hip Belt Closeup.jpg
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	295846

For fun, I also tried them on an A45 and S25 and they dd work for me.

Name:	A45 Hip Belt.jpg
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	295848

Name:	S25 Hip Belt.jpg
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	295847

Edit: Still good to wait for the S25 / A45 version but it is good to know IMO that the BB one does work with the other bags - just possibly more twisty due to the smaller width webbing loop attachment point (though I do not find them twisty). For the A45 and Tri-Star, I personally would try to just sew in a 1.5" or 2" webbing loop or a second 1" loop on top of or beside the original 1" one so I can use the extra attachment support width that the BB one provides and it would be even more stable. I pick those bags because they generally would hold the heaviest and most stuff requiring a good hip belt.
              Note also that these are more about moderate load balancing and padded comfort. As the blog post mentions, if needing the ultimate support, go with a framed backpack and hip belt.

Hope this helps

[email protected]
              Last edited by tpnl; 03-12-2015, 09:22 AM.
              TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG View Post
                I'm hoping for something for the Guide's Pack akin to ideas that have been posted here and the new Brain Bag one. Though given the dwindling color selections for the GP I'm wondering if it's heading for an early retirement.
                There is a Guide's Pack hip belt in the works -- and we don't have plans to retire the GP.
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Any chance the GP is ever going to be offered in navy again?

Comment

I'm hoping for a hip belt for the synapse 25 .. Maybe with an attachment point for a water bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waiting eagerly for a hip belt for the A45!

Comment

As the current hip belts for the A45-A30, S19-S25 and the Smart Alec are all the same as the Side Effect hip belt my guess is, that the next hip belt might a "one for nearly all" packs.
                        But this is just a guess from what works right now.

Ilkyway
                        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

I think an S25 padded belt would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It would be good to have a padded hip belt for Aeronauts, etc. I must confess that for leisure travel my TriStar has been almost entirely displaced by the Tortuga Backpack, which offers a solid belt great for when you're one-bagging it.

Comment

Eagerly awaiting one for the TS, A45, etc. too. I really enjoyed packing the Tristar for my partner's trip to DC and agree with all that's been said about it being a fantastic piece of business travel luggage. A hip belt would round out the package perfectly. When you've got a suit, office attire, heavy laptops, massive file folders in the TS... you need all the help you can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X