The weekend is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekend is here

Hey everyone, just felt like sharing that I'm enjoying the Forum here, the Bihn community, and appreciate stuff y'all share like helpful information and excitement for the bags.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.
    The only thing worse than chips without salsa is salsa without chips!

You too!
    MB, LGD, SK, MT, PUT, and other various bits and pieces

Comment

Thanks jMac for such a thoughtful post. This past year in particular has helped me to realize how important small acts of connection are.... things like holding the door open for someone and wishing people a happy weekend. It all adds up.

So.... how was everyone's weekend? Mine was good: I hiked, worked a bit, cleaned my fridge, and made enchiladas using this mole paste. And it's definitely feeling like the beginning of spring outside, which I am readily welcoming! (I may be using more exclamation marks for a while because I'm so excited for spring!)
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        And it's definitely feeling like the beginning of spring outside, which I am readily welcoming! (I may be using more exclamation marks for a while because I'm so excited for spring!)
        So true, I think I never welcomed spring more than this year! Since we had a sunny weekend I spent a lot of time outside, riding my bike and hiking. Afterwards, I had a really giant piece of apple cake with caramelized walnuts, yummy!
        ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
        current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          Thanks jMacSo.... how was everyone's weekend? Mine was good: I hiked, worked a bit, cleaned my fridge, and made enchiladas using this mole paste. And it's definitely feeling like the beginning of spring outside, which I am readily welcoming! (I may be using more exclamation marks for a while because I'm so excited for spring!)
          Mine was very good; thanks for asking I set out to build 2 of my son's new bed-pods I designed (loft with "tiny-home" underneath). I completed them 100% a day ahead of my schedule! Then Sunday, worn out, I rested. And maybe drank too many cokes. Played Nintendo. Watched a movie. Craved queso.

And yes, after the Texas Polar Vortex (power outages and lack of water), I'm looking forward to Spring too. I had decided to hike Dinosaur Valley State Park at least once every month this year. So far, so good. Next trip planned for Mar 6.

Comment

Went skiing again this weekend. Skiing has been great, though this season has been as crowded as I’ve ever seen it. Like all outdoor activities, interest and participation has gone through the roof. Worth it though... And I’ve learned I like skiing with a mask (TB masks work great for skiing). Keeps my face nice and warm, so I’ll probably wear one from now on even when the pandemic has passed. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by cdgerston View Post
              Went skiing again this weekend. Skiing has been great, though this season has been as crowded as I’ve ever seen it. Like all outdoor activities, interest and participation has gone through the roof. Worth it though... And I’ve learned I like skiing with a mask (TB masks work great for skiing). Keeps my face nice and warm, so I’ll probably wear one from now on even when the pandemic has passed. :-)
              Sounds like fun! I've never been snow skiing but am interested to try. Would love to try snowboarding.

Comment

Well, we skiers call our poor snowboarding cousins “knuckle-draggers,” but its all in good fun. Any outdoor play in the snow is time well spent. Spring is a great time to learn, and the gear is usually on sale as the season winds down. Not sure where you can ski/board in Texas though...?

Comment

Originally posted by cdgerston View Post
                  Well, we skiers call our poor snowboarding cousins “knuckle-draggers,” but its all in good fun. Any outdoor play in the snow is time well spent. Spring is a great time to learn, and the gear is usually on sale as the season winds down. Not sure where you can ski/board in Texas though...?
                  No snow sports in Texas. Closest place is either New Mexico or Colorado. I may visit Pike's Peak this Fall...

Comment

The weekend is here

Spent the weekend reading American Assassin, I just got notification that my request of Deadly Class Volume 2 be purchased through my library’s overdrive has been approved and I get to be the first to borrow it, that’ll be next weekend’s read. It’s been cold, gray, and rainy here in the south, unusual for us, usually we’re in shorts by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Not all who wander are lost"
                    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Sounds relaxing.

Comment

So for the weekend of 3/6, I got to take my 5 sons to a state park for trail hiking. It was a prickly pear wasteland with a surreal desolation to it. Also, lots of sun, little to no shade. But much nicer than a polar vortex in Texas #hiketexas

Hope y'all's weekend was nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1791.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	744.1 KB
ID:	308026

Comment

Working...
                        X