Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel coffee mug suggestions, especially for Synik?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel coffee mug suggestions, especially for Synik?

I find myself in need of a travel coffee mug, and I'm wondering what the community here might use. I've started putting my Contigo into that center pocket, but when I take it out, I can feel the heat in the pocket from where the heat is escaping from the mug. There's no liquid coming out, but it is definitely losing something in transit.

So, what are y'all using? It doesn't need to be huge. 20 oz is probably fine, so thanks for any suggestions!

I have a couple that I love and alternate:

Kinto Travel Tumbler: simple design, keeps things hot, you can drink from any side of the mug and it has a splash guard (in case you put ice in your drink). Some people don't like that it requires two hands, but I don't mind.

Zojirushi SM-SD48BC: this mug keeps drinks super hot for a very long time. I've even left it sitting on my desk with the lid open (though not off) for most of the day, and the liquid is still warm enough to drink. It's also deceptively slender while still holding 16oz. Can use one-handed.

Comment

+1 on the Zoji
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I had a slim Zojirushi that I used for water...but my daughter hijacked it and it is now hers. I then bought a 20 oz Hydroflask with flex sip lid and I love it. It is completely leak proof and it keeps my coffee hot for hours. The lid has 4 pieces and it takes a minute or so to figure out how they fit together. But it’s very easy to use and clean. I toss it in the car, in my S25, wherever and it has not failed me yet. It is my favorite of all (including Yeti).

Comment

I have a 20 oz / 600 ml Tiger stainless steel bottle (Tiger MMJ-A060) with a flip top lid. It’s slim and fits nicely in my S25. It’s very similar to the Zojirushi but I like their color offerings better. They’re really expensive on eBay but can be found for a decent price in Japanese grocery stores.

Comment

Thanks. A Zojirushi is actually on sale at Amazon right now. We don’t have any Japanese grocery stores around here, but I’ll look for that one, too!

Comment

I love my Stanley classic travel mug and my Kinto travel tumbler- both are leak proof and insulate well.

Comment

Zojurishi and Miir make great leakproof options.
                "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

I use a Hydroflask, 12 oz and 16 oz sizes.

Comment

I have the Fellow Carter Everywhere mug, which has a ceramic-lined interior. When the lid is on, coffee will stay pretty hot for a couple of hours and drinkably warm for four or five (I tend to like my coffee warmer than lukewarm, but not hot, so this is great).

it's big enough that you can use an aeropress with it directly, but it's pretty thick and won't fit in a lot of car cup holders.

they make a skinnier version (called the "Move") that will fit in cup holders but you can't directly aeropress into it.

Comment

Second vote for the Fellow Carter mug- I got the Move version as a gift a few months ago and I've abandoned my Klean Kanteen and Zojirushi travel mugs. Coffee tastes amazing in it, it has a protective screen to prevent spills if its open while driving, it's easy to clean and leak proof.

Comment

I'm really late to this party but check out the KINTO travel mug. It fits nicely into my S19. I have a codependent relationship with mine, I adore it completely. Here it is on a Canadian retail site: https://eightouncecoffee.ca/products...-tumbler-350ml

Comment

Working...
                        X