Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,314   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, RosellaFvg.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple rant - so who is the bad guy again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closest article I've seen trying to explain it so far. Mostly near the bottom you get some idea of why.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Comment

I cry like a baby every time I have to spend money on technology. I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz, running MacOS 10.4.11. All Macs in our family run 10.4.11. I also use a G4 iMac as a desktop workstation and local office network file server. The iMac runs both 10.4.11 and MacOS 9.2.2 in "Classic" mode. I have a first-generation (5 GB) iPod (bought in late '02 as a refurb) with over 1,150 songs loaded on it. And our family business regularly uses a printer that's over ten years old.

A question for iPhone and iPod Touch users to ponder: you spent how much dough on your little toy, and how much more per month to surf data on a cellular phone network, and you're talking about how much it costs for a software update, and whether Apple is doing the right thing here?

Yours truly,

The Mountain Man
      (The Ultimate MacCheapskate and Tracfone user)
      Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Working...
      X