Tapatalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapatalk

I did a search but nothing recent came up. Anyone know if the TB Forums will be back on Tapatalk?

When the forum upgrade was announced, it included a note that the latest forum software no longer supports Tapatalk. So unless vBulletin change that in a later revision, I'd say it's unlikely that the TB forums will come back to Tapatalk.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

Thanks! Do you know if any apps which can be used to access the forum from iOS? Or am I sticking with safari?

Comment

Is anyone else having issues with being logged out every time they check the forums? I’m not sure if it’s a Safari thing, but I have to log in every time I visit now. I’m also missing some of the views (like only see all new posts) that we had in Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by yeg780 View Post
          Thanks! Do you know if any apps which can be used to access the forum from iOS? Or am I sticking with safari?
          To the best of my knowledge the only option is a browser...I happen to use Firefox in my Mac and Chrome on my Android phone
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomepants View Post
            Is anyone else having issues with being logged out every time they check the forums? I’m not sure if it’s a Safari thing, but I have to log in every time I visit now. I’m also missing some of the views (like only see all new posts) that we had in Tapatalk.
            That was happening to me also, quite frustrating! Then I spotted the little box to check for “keep me signed in” and, so far, it’s working.

Comment

I am finding the switch-over quite difficult. Tapatalk was a lot easier to keep up with the forums. Not trying to be a negative Nancy but the forums on a phone browser are extremely difficult to navigate and I don’t own a tablet or computer. Very disappointed.
              "Not all who wander are lost"
              "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
              Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by melminimalist View Post
                I am finding the switch-over quite difficult. Tapatalk was a lot easier to keep up with the forums. Not trying to be a negative Nancy but the forums on a phone browser are extremely difficult to navigate and I don’t own a tablet or computer. Very disappointed.
                It's a total drag melminimalist - sorry it's a struggle.

The unfortunate thing is that there's really no good choice... this new version of vBulletin doesn't support Tapatalk and the old version of vBulletin isn't being supported... there's already a lot of challenge transitioning to this version, but at least this version of software is theoretically supported...it's a bummer all around

FWIW, I'm using the browser version of the Forums on my MacBook Air laptop running Firefox and the mobile on Chrome on my Google Pixel and they seem to both be working ok within the confines of what we know is working (if that makes any sense).
                Last edited by G42; 04-09-2021, 07:27 PM.
                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I hear you @melaminimalist and I don't think you're coming across as negative! I appreciate that you're sharing your experience with us.

There's a possibility we might be able to create an app for viewing the Forums; we're looking into that option further!

In the meantime, if you're on Facebook (I know not everyone is, and that those of us here on the Forums are less likely to be on FB, so this is just a suggestion for those who are!) you may want to check out the TOM BIHN Facebook Group since you may find it easier to navigate on mobile. You can also follow us on Instagram (we post sneak peeks and answer questions on there too!) Again, I know social media platforms aren't everyone's cup of tea: I just wanted to share some alternatives that may be easier to navigate while we work on spiffing up the mobile experience of these Forums.
                  Last edited by Darcy; 04-12-2021, 09:36 AM.
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

the forums on a phone browser are extremely difficult to navigate and I don’t own a tablet or computer. Very disappointed.
                    Can I ask whether your phone web browser is set to emulate desktop mode? If you are, I’ll try to check the current forum interface on my iPhone SE.

I know from comments that a few users are using phone apps that do web browsers with various emulations, but this setting should be available for all current phones. If you were able to see the forum poll that Darcy set up in her 03-08-2021 thread, then you’re obviously set up for desktop browser emulation:

Last Guide's Edition offering coming soon....

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...ng-coming-soon

If you can’t/couldn’t see the poll (which is not visible in TapaTalk), then II gave instructions in post #15 about how to do this on iOS devices. See whether it helps to be in desktop emulation mode for your phone if you’re not already set up for it.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                      If you are, I’ll try to check the current forum interface on my iPhone SE.
                      FWIW, I have a vanilla samsung android phone and, using Chrome, everything looks fine natively and I can see the poll.

Comment

Darcy, would it be possible to embed links to the Tom Bihn Instagram or Facebook pages at the bottom of the main page on the Tom Bihn site? I thought those were there at one point, though I may be imagining things. When I just looked on Firefox and Chrome, I did not see them. It might be a helpful pointer link for folks who are less active on social media. Just a suggestion, and if they are already there, and I have not had enough coffee yet, please disregard.
                        "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                        "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

I hear you @melaminimalist and I don't think you're coming across as negative! I appreciate that you're sharing your experience with us.

There's a possibility we might be able to create an app for viewing the Forums; we're looking into that option further!

In the meantime, if you're on Facebook (I know not everyone is, and that those of us here on the Forums are less likely to be on FB, so this is just a suggestion for those who are!) you may want to check out the TOM BIHN Facebook Group since you may find it easier to navigate on mobile. You can also follow us on Instagram (we post sneak peeks and answer questions on there too!) Again, I know social media platforms aren't everyone's cup of tea: I just wanted to share some alternatives that may be easier to navigate while we work on spiffing up the mobile experience of these Forums.
                          I just wanted to put in a pitch for the FB group (knowing not everyone is on FB). I jumped over to the Facebook group after struggling with the forum update and .... we have fun over there :P Join us! It's a good time!

I keep an eye out here, too, as people post different thing in the two spaces.

Comment

Just a word of caution regarding Facebook and Instagram: not everyone is on them, not everyone wants to be on them. I'm a Facebook refusenik on principle: I don't trust the company or its management with my personal data, given its record, so I just won't get involved with those sites. That has caused a certain amount of inconvenience over recent years, especially since my employers decided to run a "Workplace by Facebook" site as one of the main internal communication pathways "because it's easier". I just don't have an account on it.

I know many people love FB and have no problem with it. Just remember that there's a minority of people who don't.
                            A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

Originally posted by PaulT00 View Post
                              I know many people love FB and have no problem with it. Just remember that there's a minority of people who don't.
                              +1 and I live and work in Silicon Valley! Just won't do it for ethical reasons - whatever beneficial causes one might believe in, no matter which ones, the greatest threat to them is FB.

Comment

Working...
                              X