No announcement yet.

Tapatalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will admit that I have been sad to see the drift away from the forums as the popularity of the Facebook group has increased. While it is easier to use the FB interface, I miss the community engagement outside of the social media platform. I have always found the forums to be a welcome escape/bubble, no matter what is happening in real life.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
      I will admit that I have been sad to see the drift away from the forums as the popularity of the Facebook group has increased. While it is easier to use the FB interface, I miss the community engagement outside of the social media platform. I have always found the forums to be a welcome escape/bubble, no matter what is happening in real life.
      I admit I don’t spend a lot of time on FB so I hadn’t noticed a shift, but I am sad about how hard I (and others) are finding it to use the forums without the Tapatalk app. As G42 mentioned, we are learning alongside everyone else, and I was almost completely dependant on Tapatalk for the forum (deleting spam posts was the one thing I had to use the web interface for).

I am trying to get up to speed with it all, my two major sticking points being keeping on top of the latest new posts across all the various folders, and photo uploading. I cannot think of anything that would help make that easier apart from practice and a supportive atmosphere. I would love to hear from other ex-Tapatalk users about your sticking points or any clever workarounds you’ve found.

EDITED TO ADD:
      Just noticed a workaround when this post published. When mentioning someone with the @ symbol (@-ing someone is probably a verb now), there is a little popup as you type in the name, and when you tap on that, the mention adds their avatar if any and moves the mention to the beginning of the post no matter where you type it. I was not sure if my mention of G42 above would @ properly or not because I didn’t tap the popup thingie. Pleased that the mention did seem to work anyway! So I can now stop tapping on the popup, hooray.
      Last edited by Cristina; 04-15-2021, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X