Brown/Black Paracord Ideas? For Ursa colored bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown/Black Paracord Ideas? For Ursa colored bags

Hey all - I'm trying to find some paracord that's both brown and black, kind of like how "touch of grey" works with 400 halcyon ... I've searched around but haven't found the perfect thing, any ideas?? thanks!
    Seeking Verde Aeronauts

GrussGott Did you find a color that fit? I would be interested to know. I used the simple black that comes with TB bags on my Ursa colored bags, but it is kind of boring...

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
      GrussGott Did you find a color that fit? I would be interested to know. I used the simple black that comes with TB bags on my Ursa colored bags, but it is kind of boring...
      Exactly! Sort of ... I checked the supply with all the major retailers (boredparacord, paracord planet, et al) and couldn't find anything that was explicitly brown & black - let me go take a look and I'll update this post
      Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

EDIT: Ok, so I ended up with 3 options and NONE of them look like the photos to my eye:

(1.) Keep it in the brown family: Arid Camo - this one is mostly brown albeit a little interesting and variable

(2.) Chunk it up: Digital Multi Camo - this one is much more tan/brown in person with hints of black and more subtle hints of green ... at a few feet it's kind of chunky browny-tan. It's a good pick for me.

(3.) Go off path: Dark Multicam - this is one I went with - it looks VERY different from the pic - it's basically 1/4 Verde, 1/4 forest, 1/2 brown with lots of flecks of black ... it's almost a perfect match to Beaver camo colors

Since I'm kinda on a coyote / verde / ursa color kick, I went with #3 but I could see how the green would throw someone off ... I like it though I'm always traveling with a green bag too so they work together.
        Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

GrussGott Thanks! Those look pretty good. Although I’m not sure yet if I want to spring for international shipping...

Comment

GrussGott Thanks! Those look pretty good. Although I’m not sure yet if I want to spring for international shipping...
            Ouch! Well if get to Europe here soon (it's a solid 30%!) I'll post you a few feet of each
            Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post

Ouch! Well if get to Europe here soon (it's a solid 30%!) I'll post you a few feet of each
              I did secretly think of this, but it seemed a bit presumptuous for someone else to suggest!

My other (unvoiced) thought for GrussGott while reading about his recent Verde 1050d Ballistic Nylon travel bag purchase was that he should attempt to make Green Teenage Mutant Turtle Cord Pulls by way of decoration. Or, he could wait until the Yeoman Duffels come back in stock (if he’s not traveling in Europe at the time), if he decides to buy one in verde. See my post to G42 when she bought a Mini Yeoman duffel in verde suggesting that she make green cord pulls in the form of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (How to Make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Inspired Paracord Key Fob/Buddy - YouTube) similar to the ones @Kathryn’s dad was planning to make for the Mini Yeoman Duffel in Verde she bought for her 3 year old nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post

Thanks for the offer, that would be awesome! I’ve sent you message.

Comment

Working...
                X