Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,535   Posts: 187,866   Members: 6,498   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, TG100.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requesting Youtube Travel Video Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting Youtube Travel Video Recommendations

My husbands request for Fathers Day (tomorrow) was to travel overseas..... So the kids and I are going give my husband an "at home" travel experience including packing our Aeronauts, "flying" on our makeshift plane (in the dining room) complete with airplane socks/toothbrush packs and tray table food, then throwing some travel videos onto the TV and having us pretend we are there, finishing with eating some "local" cuisine and then back on the plane and back home.

Silly I know - but Australia's travel ban isn't lifting anytime soon!

Can anyone recommend some awesome YouTube travel videos? I'd love ones of China (as he's keen to see the Great Wall etc)!

Thanks!

I like the “vagabrothers” channel. They make videos about tons of places. You could pretty much “go anywhere.”

Comment

Last weekend I watched the livestream of the Nebula Festival in Aomori, Japan, and the video is available on YouTube.
      https://youtu.be/_h9E7_J6RJ0

The festival is held every summer and normally goes through the streets of Aomori, but they did a special Covid safe version this year. The illuminated floats are spectacular, although you might want to skip the speeches at the beginning.
      A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

Cool idea! Hope the flight attendants remember the champagne and the cheese course.

Not directly related but, when you are finished with your virtual plane ride. you can spend HOURS on the yootoobs searching for Aeronaut clips, how to pack, how to navigate local transportation, and helpful clips from dozens of tourists and tour companies exploring the destinations on your future itinerary.

Comment

If you're interested in the journey and not just the destination, there are quite a few good videos of train journeys. They can be strangely hypnotic and relaxing. I recommend searching "YouTube for "sleeper train.

Comment

Just to make it real, if he excuses himself to go to the bathroom, let him know that he has to wait until the flight attendants have removed the food cart from the aisle, and then put the "buckle your seatbelt" sign back on due to turbulence

But seriously, if you're making up a video playlist, you might thrown in a few of the Jeenie Weenie shorts. They are fantastically funny.
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Sydneygirl View Post
              My husbands request for Fathers Day (tomorrow) was to travel overseas..... So the kids and I are going give my husband an "at home" travel experience including packing our Aeronauts, "flying" on our makeshift plane (in the dining room) complete with airplane socks/toothbrush packs and tray table food, then throwing some travel videos onto the TV and having us pretend we are there, finishing with eating some "local" cuisine and then back on the plane and back home.

Silly I know - but Australia's travel ban isn't lifting anytime soon!

Can anyone recommend some awesome YouTube travel videos? I'd love ones of China (as he's keen to see the Great Wall etc)!

Thanks!
              Well, this isn't China, but I'm a big fan of the walking tours youtube channels ... here's a long one of Portofino:

And Chinatown in SF!

there are probably lots of 4k walking tours of China, here's one I found of the Great Wall but didn't watch much of yet:

oops, noticed this was a few days ago so .... next year?

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - we had a great time pretending to travel! I really noticed trunkis are NOT our friends and we need to get our kids backpacks ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                X