Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,504   Posts: 187,567   Members: 6,463   Active Members: 324
Welcome to our newest member, chrisjonty.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kittens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maria
    replied
    Katy! Baxter in his bed, or trying it out - that is so cute. Maine Coon's are so beautiful and I think he may need the king sized version. Actually, I suspect he takes up the whole bed anyway. - the people sized version.

Jannilee - I've been blessed with three different Siamese cats, not including various ones belonging to relatives (which started my young obsession, wanting one "exactly like" the Siamese cat my cousin had as a child.) I think "Siamese" technically means crazy cat, with a snobby attitude that is absolutely impossible to resist. Plus that distinctive Siamese howl! I am impressed with Mackie and his knitting skills! Bisquit - was a very clean kitty!

I want another kitty!

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Originally posted by Pilar View Post
    Thank you Maria (and Katy and Eric)- yes, she is a solid blue point.

We all love her to bits, she is great with the kids.
    Pilar - she is gorgeous. Mine runs and hides when certain young nieces or nephews come to visit. Must be the high pitched squeals. Actually, I don't blame him!

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Eric - please continue with pictures of dear Hamish!

I've had cats all my life too. My first was a Siamese when I was four years old. "My" cat. Yes, I even gave her a bath in the toilet and then found the baby talcum powder to finish off the bath event - yet received not a scratch nor a howl. Actually, I still have a strong memory of this...and my mother's reaction when she saw what I did to the poor cat!

Funny, cats still gravitate towards me. I thought some sort of kitty karma would have come back to haunt me. But I was barely four years old!

Leave a comment:

• jannilee
    replied
    Very funny pic, Katy! He is gorgeous. I think all cats with siamese blood have their quirks. Each of mine has had an almost fatal "siamese snit" at sometime in its life. Biscuit refused to poop when I left him at the vet for boarding for a week so I came back to a massive vet bill as well as boarding fees. The current one, Mackie, loves to knit and adores anyone who uses scented products ( not allowed around here).

Last edited by jannilee; 05-09-2011, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Joining in on the kitty fun . Here is my Baxter. Grandpa purchased him a bed but underestimated the size of our four year old Maine Coon. It didn't stop Baxter from trying to fit in anyway.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pilar
    replied
    Thank you Maria (and Katy and Eric)- yes, she is a solid blue point.

We all love her to bits, she is great with the kids.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Originally posted by Maria View Post
    Eric - with Hamish and Dougal, you'll soon find out there is a great deal brewing behind their eyes! Usually it is trouble too! Cats are wonderful, enchating creatures...but still quite wild.

I too think the blue eyes are lovely too! Thank you again. (And to Katy too!)
    They are my fifth and sixth kittens (I got my first on my seventh birthday) and I've had around half a dozen adult rescue cats, so I've plenty of experience. You can never have enough of kittens though. This pair are 11 weeks old today, and full of mischief! Especially Hamish. He gets in to everything and climbs on anything. He particularly likes to sit on my £5,000 ($7,500) Linn Hi-Fi turntable! Not very popular, but its hard to stop him as he's one hell of an acrobat and he's too cute to get too angry with.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Eric - with Hamish and Dougal, you'll soon find out there is a great deal brewing behind their eyes! Usually it is trouble too! Cats are wonderful, enchating creatures...but still quite wild.

I too think the blue eyes are lovely too! Thank you again. (And to Katy too!)

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    What beautiful cats. 'I got to raise it again, Them eyes are gorgeous'

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Pilar - she is GORGEOUS! Is she a solid blue point?

Yes, my guy is a Ragdoll, seal point / mitted. It's true they are very dog like, but still let us know there is a wild untamed tiger inside. Now that I've had a Ragdoll in my life, I don't think I could last five minutes without one!

Although a family member told me that I've always had cats that were crazy. This one most of all I think. Wish I could get antoher one!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pilar View Post
    Lovely pictures Maria. Your kitty looks a lot like mine, is he a Ragdoll? They tend to be more gregarious and behave a bit more like dogs, well, in theory, mine hasn't lost her feline soul! Here she is:

What a beautiful photo! Both kitties has such beautiful blue eyes!

Leave a comment:

• Pilar
    replied
    Lovely pictures Maria. Your kitty looks a lot like mine, is he a Ragdoll? They tend to be more gregarious and behave a bit more like dogs, well, in theory, mine hasn't lost her feline soul! Here she is:

Last edited by Pilar; 05-06-2011, 02:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Thank you Katy for posting pictures of my crazy cat!

He still likes to sleep in that awkward looking position. (Although now that he is full grown, he takes up more space.) How can that be comfortable?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Maria View Post
    I agree - most normal cats would be fine in this situation. However, mine is well, more along the lines of abnormal it seems. My vet and even the breeder told me it would not be a good idea to get another cat!

For example - have you ever heard of a cat that does not "mark it's terriroty" by rubing their chins (scent glands) or bodies along the furniture, the walls, or you - or curling around your ankles when they want something? Nope - not my guy. (Wish I knew why he is like this!)

Also, he will not use his litter box unless you (or someone else) is there to clean it out immediately. He will wake me up in the middle of the night to use his box. And he will wait until I get home to use it - yes he's gone almost 22 hours without using his box. That's when I realized I may have a canine in a feline body. I think a new cat or kitten will know how to drive him nuts...."So, use the box when Mom is not home and soon this other guy will be in a straight jacket and then I can be the boss!"

He also won't eat his dry kibble unless someone is home, or he prefers to eat when I am eating. He is very social - he wants company when he eats.

When I'm about to go out and will be gone for a while - I pick him up and put him in his box or call him to it. He tinkles on command. At least then I know his little bladder is not in need when I leave him alone for a while.

Although - maybe a Great Dane as a playmate for him? I would like to have one of those too.

Wish I could attach a picture of my cat. Cannot seem to figure that one out.
    Oh my gosh! Your kitty sounds like quite the character! If you would like, you can email the photo to me and I can post it for you .

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Originally posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
    Hey, Maria... we have 4 cats... ranging in age from 20 years to 1.5 years. I think if you bring in a kitten and are careful during the first couple of weeks to manage the introduction right (solitary confinement for the newcomer for the first couple of days, then increasing supervised interaction), shouldn't be a problem. Go for it!
    I agree - most normal cats would be fine in this situation. However, mine is well, more along the lines of abnormal it seems. My vet and even the breeder told me it would not be a good idea to get another cat!

For example - have you ever heard of a cat that does not "mark it's terriroty" by rubing their chins (scent glands) or bodies along the furniture, the walls, or you - or curling around your ankles when they want something? Nope - not my guy. (Wish I knew why he is like this!)

Also, he will not use his litter box unless you (or someone else) is there to clean it out immediately. He will wake me up in the middle of the night to use his box. And he will wait until I get home to use it - yes he's gone almost 22 hours without using his box. That's when I realized I may have a canine in a feline body. I think a new cat or kitten will know how to drive him nuts...."So, use the box when Mom is not home and soon this other guy will be in a straight jacket and then I can be the boss!"

He also won't eat his dry kibble unless someone is home, or he prefers to eat when I am eating. He is very social - he wants company when he eats.

When I'm about to go out and will be gone for a while - I pick him up and put him in his box or call him to it. He tinkles on command. At least then I know his little bladder is not in need when I leave him alone for a while.

Although - maybe a Great Dane as a playmate for him? I would like to have one of those too.

Wish I could attach a picture of my cat. Cannot seem to figure that one out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Katy; 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X