Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,434   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your photos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archangelo
    replied
    Here are a few from my trip to Europe; with a bonus "grandma at Christmas" pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000541.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	897.1 KB
ID:	288257Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000628.JPG
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	288258Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000662.jpg
Size:	530.8 KB
ID:	288259Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000879.jpg
Size:	486.7 KB
ID:	288260Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000032.JPG
Size:	711.0 KB
ID:	288261

Leave a comment:

• leviathan
    replied
    Originally posted by misterN View Post
    Just wondering what you were shooting with!
    Everything was taken with my Canon 7D and Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5!

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    Just wondering what you were shooting with!

Leave a comment:

• doornum3
    replied
    Lovely shots!

Leave a comment:

• kengreen
    replied
    Really great pics. I wonder if the home owners are vegetarian.

Leave a comment:

• ElenTikvah
    replied
    Those photos are gorgeous...and make me home-sick!

~Tik

Leave a comment:

• leviathan
    replied
    I might as well share this one, too. Here's the common room at the ridiculously huge house we stayed at Saturday night:

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Wow!!!!!!!!! Those are amazing! I didn't know Texas could be so pretty!

Leave a comment:

• leviathan
    replied
    Just had a crazy weekend in the middle of nowhere, Texas:

Leave a comment:

• Scattered
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    This feeds into my obsession with New York City AND abandoned building photography. Quit reading my diary!
    No diary reading, just a lucky guess. Have you ever come across Eric Holubow's work? His main website is eric holubow: urban exploration photographer and it has a link to his Flickr page. He's photographed abandoned places all over the US. I find some of his photo a bit too extreme HDR, but always beautifully composed. If you have an obsession with Detroit or theaters, you might want to check out www.marchandmeffre.com; I find a sense of humor in some of those pieces, like "Melted Clock, Case Technical School".

Leave a comment:

• nukediver
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post

You know, someone from Chicago (which definition doesn't include me) might dispute NYC as being the source of "real pizza". And for some of the best real bagels you might want to go to Brooklyn, but here are some sources: The 6 Best Bagel Shops In NYC « CBS New York and As H&H Struggles, Who Really Makes New York’s Best Bagels? -- Grub Street New York

moriond
    I'll take New York pizza ANY day. Not a big fan of the deep dish (no offense to any Chicago TB fans). And would you believe I've had bagels at all of those places? :-D

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    I think the Neapolitans might also dispute the pizza verace thing as well.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Is this the place to mention that I have all the Robert A. M. Stern New York [1880-2000] Architecture and Urbanism books? (Some things can't be replaced by the Kindle).

You know, someone from Chicago (which definition doesn't include me) might dispute NYC as being the source of "real pizza". And for some of the best real bagels you might want to go to Brooklyn, but here are some sources: The 6 Best Bagel Shops In NYC « CBS New York and As H&H Struggles, Who Really Makes New York’s Best Bagels? -- Grub Street New York

moriond

I love bagels!!!!! Perhaps this is why our phone conversations are so awesome! Those books are now on my amazon wishlist .

Are you reading my diary too?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    This feeds into my obsession with New York City AND abandoned building photography. Quit reading my diary!
    Is this the place to mention that I have all the Robert A. M. Stern New York [1880-2000] Architecture and Urbanism books? (Some things can't be replaced by the Kindle).
    Originally posted by nukediver View Post
    Then you'll be jealous, as I'm planning on being in the city (as we call it, when it's literally in our backyards) all day Saturday. I'm thinking this will involve a trip to The Met and a stroll through Central Park, since it's looking to be a spectacular sunny Saturday. And then perhaps we'll finish it off with a pie at Lombardi's! But before I do any of that, I'll need to figure out which TB bag will accompany me :-)
    Take pictures!
    Originally posted by nukediver View Post
    It's a must-see! Of course, it's impossible to see it all in one day, but if you plan your visit wisely, it will be an enjoyable experience. And when you do finally make it here, you must have a real bagel, and of course, real pizza!

moriond

Leave a comment:

• nukediver
    replied
    Oh boy! That sounds like a fun day! I think one of the first places I go when I finally make it to NYC will be The Met.
    It's a must-see! Of course, it's impossible to see it all in one day, but if you plan your visit wisely, it will be an enjoyable experience. And when you do finally make it here, you must have a real bagel, and of course, real pizza!

[/QUOTE]This sounds like a job for the Medium Cafe Bag . It's my favorite bag to take with me when I'm spending the day around Seattle .
    [/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking, although the most excellent Co-Pilot might be the one I grab. Probably the Black/Iberian, and not the Cardinal one (yes, I have two...), since black is the first color choice for New York :-). I'll probably be toting my new Canon G12 and iPad, so the extra space and organization will come in handy. I'll be sure and post some pictures of whichever bag I take.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X