Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,954   Posts: 193,108   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, andyiowa.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tCook
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Are you dragging her to the showroom again?

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one! Lunchbox Laboratory did a Mac & Cheese Special that had a bunch of different types of cheeses, it..was.. amazing.. beechers who? I think it was called "Everything but the.." It essentially had every cheese they offer on their menu. *sigh*
    I probably won't drag her to the showroom too often, no. Not sure she's as in to the TB window shopping as I am!

Yeah, Beecher's is pretty ballsy calling it the World's Best and then not impressing the two of us. I mean, we'd *know* if it were even close to being the World's Best, and if neither of us think it is, clearly it is not. I may need to write them a letter.
    Last edited by tCook; 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• Cymberleah
    replied
    Thank goodness winter is coming
    Oh, hush you. Although winter does tend to lead to shorter lines at the ice cream shops... Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by tCook View Post
    I saw a recipe for making waffle cones at home, but using a panini press instead. Libby has a panini press and is bringing it with her in December. I'm doomed!

(oops, this was a reply to the waffle cone comments from earlier, but I didn't notice I wasn't at the end and didn't quote it. Disregard, nothing to see here.)

Oh, but for the record, I don't really like Beecher's Mac and Cheese.
    Are you dragging her to the showroom again?

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one! Lunchbox Laboratory did a Mac & Cheese Special that had a bunch of different types of cheeses, it..was.. amazing.. beechers who? I think it was called "Everything but the.." It essentially had every cheese they offer on their menu. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• tCook
    replied
    I saw a recipe for making waffle cones at home, but using a panini press instead. Libby has a panini press and is bringing it with her in December. I'm doomed!

(oops, this was a reply to the waffle cone comments from earlier, but I didn't notice I wasn't at the end and didn't quote it. Disregard, nothing to see here.)

Oh, but for the record, I don't really like Beecher's Mac and Cheese.
    Last edited by tCook; 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Maria View Post
    So when I pass through American customs en route to Seattle - and they ask the reason for my trip?..... ice cream, pizza, cup cakes and TB bags! (Not necessarily in that order.) They won't think I'm crazy, they'll just think I'm...unusual?

Don't forget seafood, teriyaki, burgers and hotdogs with cream cheese! .

And I GUESS Beechers Mac & Cheese is okay...
    Last edited by Katy; 09-21-2011, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Yes! Delancey in ballard is supposed to have AMAZING pizza. I still haven't been to Serious Pie . Be careful with those powdered sugar covered pastries! That's happened to me a few times . They're dangerous!

Please put trophy cupcakes on your seattle travel list too .
    So when I pass through American customs en route to Seattle - and they ask the reason for my trip?..... ice cream, pizza, cup cakes and TB bags! (Not necessarily in that order.) They won't think I'm crazy, they'll just think I'm...unusual?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Maria View Post
    Seattle is a gorgeous place! I've only been out there once and was in awe! I've already bookmarked Molly Moon's on my "Seattle Travel" page and am looking forward to eventually get back out to the city and tour around. Plus make a few pizza stops too! Yum!

On a side note - I highly recommend the TB ultra suede screen cloth! I happened to have the cloth wrapped across the key board of my new MacBook Pro. While sitting nearby (okay, not over the keyboard, about 1 1/2 feet away!) and enjoying a pastry I just picked up on the way home...I happened to inhale a little of the powdered sugar on the top of the pastry...and coughed / chocked and powdered sugar went all over the keyboard. Well, the screen cloth saved it!

Note to self: keep laptop at home when visiting Seattle and enjoying ice cream and pizza. Plus sit at the kitchen table for pastries while at home!
    Yes! Delancey in ballard is supposed to have AMAZING pizza. I still haven't been to Serious Pie . Be careful with those powdered sugar covered pastries! That's happened to me a few times . They're dangerous!

Please put trophy cupcakes on your seattle travel list too .

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Side note, I feel really bad for anyone who lives close to a molly moon's shop. Sometimes when I drive down 45th in wallingford past the shop, I can smell the waffle cones at least a block away. I don't know how they can control themselves.

I finally understand how they must feel. There is a new burger place near my apartment that cooks large amounts of bacon. Last night, they must have been testing the new grills or finally getting ready to open (FINALLY!!!) but my entire neighborhood smelled of bacon and delicious burgers. This may cause a problem.. Thank goodness winter is coming and I can keep my windows closed.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Seattle is a gorgeous place! I've only been out there once and was in awe! I've already bookmarked Molly Moon's on my "Seattle Travel" page and am looking forward to eventually get back out to the city and tour around. Plus make a few pizza stops too! Yum!

On a side note - I highly recommend the TB ultra suede screen cloth! I happened to have the cloth wrapped across the key board of my new MacBook Pro. While sitting nearby (okay, not over the keyboard, about 1 1/2 feet away!) and enjoying a pastry I just picked up on the way home...I happened to inhale a little of the powdered sugar on the top of the pastry...and coughed / chocked and powdered sugar went all over the keyboard. Well, the screen cloth saved it!

Note to self: keep laptop at home when visiting Seattle and enjoying ice cream and pizza. Plus sit at the kitchen table for pastries while at home!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Flinx View Post
    Good grief, they're right down the street from the office.

I like Gelatiamo on 3rd and Union for all my gelato needs. They too have had a salted caramel flavor in the past; it was gooooooooood!
    Eliam is a huge fan of Molly Moon's Salted Caramel ice cream.

OH! They do the gelato that you get if you order pizza + gelato from Pagliacci! It's yummy! Have you tried fainting goat in wallingford? Or D'Ambrosio in ballard? I've heard good things about fainting goat, though I haven't tried it. D'Ambrosio is amazing though.

I'm not the world's best cook and I hate doing dishes so I really get around on the Seattle food scene .

Also, I think you need to check out molly moon's on your lunch break. Just saying!

I swear, we have NOT gone to the molly moon's truck during lunch break on the days that they park at the Starbucks HQ...*cough**cough* ahem. Promise...

Side note, I feel really bad for anyone who lives close to a molly moon's shop. Sometimes when I drive down 45th in wallingford past the shop, I can smell the waffle cones at least a block away. I don't know how they can control themselves.
    Last edited by Katy; 09-20-2011, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Flinx
    replied
    Good grief, they're right down the street from the office.

I like Gelatiamo on 3rd and Union for all my gelato needs. They too have had a salted caramel flavor in the past; it was gooooooooood!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    There are a few, none are very close . I believe there is one downtown, near pike place, a micro shop in madrona, one on capitol hill, one in wallingford and now a shop in queen anne.

Molly Moon's Ice Cream Shop Locations | Wallingford and Capitol Hill

Even though not that close to the seattle factory, it's worth the trek . Also, it's worth exploring seattle while you're here too. There is a lot more to seattle than the Tom Bihn factory (though.. we are pretty awesome!).

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    So - how close is Molly Moon's to the TB Seattle showroom? When I can get back to Seattle, I'll have to plan a trip and arrange it when they are both opened!

(I just checked the list of flavours on the Molly Moon website. They have SALTED CARAMEL ice cream! Wish I could fly out to Seattle now!)
    Last edited by Maria; 09-20-2011, 04:28 PM. Reason: Salted Caramel!

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    When you're not eating gelato, you can have granita. There's a coffee flavor but the lemon is better if they use real lemon juice and zest. Granita di limone kicks lemon sorbet's ass.

There! Now you have TWO legitimate reasons to go to Italy.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Katy, if you're ever in Rome, you've got to get the crema di limone gelato from Giolitti. I'll make no guarantees that this is the best gelato in Italy or whatever, but usually lemon gelato is more like sorbet. This was freakin' ICE CREAM with smooth lemon flavor (Sicilian lemons, I was told) and subtle sweet creaminess. It has to be the "crema di limone"--the regular limone won't be the same.

I had this in August, 2007. The 7th, I think. Anyway, it was super good.
    This is now on my "must do asap" list. The Molly Moon's Meyer Lemon was ICE CREAM too. But.. Sicilian lemons are like..totally different man and I really need a legit excuse to go to Italy and this may be it.

Last winter I sent a friend to Molly Moon's to grab the meyer lemon ice cream, he came back with the sorbet. Needless to say I will never trust him with my ice cream buying again.

However, my excuse when traveling to Italy will be "I'm getting back to my Italian roots man" but inside I will be thinking "Ice cream..Ice Cream...Ice Cream.. Ice Cream"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X