Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,711   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, Rangerjo.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• falconea
    replied
    Make sure everything is cold and that the frozen part is properly frozen.

I have a fondness for simple fruit ice-creams - fruit puree (freshly made from fresh, ripe fruit), cream and sugar, and maybe a squeeze of lemon juice if needed. I'll have to dig out the recipe. Fantastic made with peaches, nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, mangoes, pineapple... you get the idea. I have a mini ice-cream scoop so I have served up an icre-cream "fruit salad" with at least 5 different flavors of ice-cream.

I also love a good chocolate ice-cream.

Let me know if you want recipes, and if you want me to convert them to imperial before I send them - they're in metric weights.

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• tCook
    replied
    Libby made this and said the brown sugar base was fantastic. Candied Bacon Ice Cream Recipe | David Lebovitz

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by keb View Post
    Usually I'll just make some base every time I have leftover egg yolks (from a souffle or egg-white breakfast or something) and then stick it in the fridge, but I have made an anglaise-based vanilla before for company where I just take the base in a container and let it sit in a bowl of ice water for a half hour or so, giving it a few swirls now and then. You just want to avoid trying to freeze a hot mixture in your ice cream machine.
    Thanks for the tips! This is my first ice cream making experience . The only honey I have is lavender, hopefully peach + lavender honey turns out ok .

Leave a comment:

• keb
    replied
    Usually I'll just make some base every time I have leftover egg yolks (from a souffle or egg-white breakfast or something) and then stick it in the fridge, but I have made an anglaise-based vanilla before for company where I just take the base in a container and let it sit in a bowl of ice water for a half hour or so, giving it a few swirls now and then. You just want to avoid trying to freeze a hot mixture in your ice cream machine.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Would speed chilling the mixture count? I've had the bowl in the freezer since about 2pm yesterday so it should be frozen enough by 6pm when I get home.

Leave a comment:

• keb
    replied
    Make sure your ingredients and base are cold when you put them in the bowl to freeze. It takes a lot less time to freeze and avoids the dreaded overchurn... I usually make base late at night and then let it refrigerate overnight before using. Often I will refrigerate anything I'm adding in as well. Have fun! The only problem with making your ice cream is the staggering amount that you end up eating!!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    started a topic Ice Cream

Ice Cream

This weekend, I bought an ice cream maker. While I'm currently freezing the mixing bowl, I'm looking for ideas for my first batch of ice cream, and the many more that will quickly follow!

Do any of you have experience making ice cream or have specific recipes to recommend?

I was considering this recipe for my first: Peachgasm! Honey-Peach Ice Cream | Ezra Pound Cake

Thoughts?
Working...
X