Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,894   Posts: 192,289   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, Bayareaguy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maria
    replied
    Oh my! Perhaps it's a blessing that I am a long way from Seattle...even the cover photo of the cookbook is testing my will power!....to get a plane ticket!

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    No thread like this would be complete without...

You scream
    I scream!
    We ALL scream...

...for ICE CREAM!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    FYI!!!!

Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream - our homemade ice cream cookbook!

It has a salted caramel ice cream recipe AND meyer lemon (plus others..but.. those don't matter). I may or may not have already put in my order..

Leave a comment:

• keb
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Did someone say salted caramel ice cream?

Here's what to do with this recipe: make some blondies, but instead of baking them in a 9x13 pan, bake them in two 8x8 pans. Put the ice cream on top of one pan of blondies, and put the other pan of blondies on top of the ice cream layer. Freeze until solid. Best ice cream sandwiches ever. You can gild the lily by slicing the sandwiches up and dipping half of each one into some ganache. Just saying.
    Or.... leave them all together frozen in the pan, coat it in meringue, hot oven for a few min and a little brulee torch, and that would be one psychotic Baked Alaska... I bet you could see Russia from your house if you ate that!!

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied

Here's what to do with this recipe: make some blondies, but instead of baking them in a 9x13 pan, bake them in two 8x8 pans. Put the ice cream on top of one pan of blondies, and put the other pan of blondies on top of the ice cream layer. Freeze until solid. Best ice cream sandwiches ever. You can gild the lily by slicing the sandwiches up and dipping half of each one into some ganache. Just saying.
    Oh Goodness!

Leave a comment:

• keb
    replied
    Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!

Leave a comment:

• Flinx
    replied

Now that's just evil... I like it!

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Hum? I wonder how many of us need to show up at the Bihn showroom / store before we can call Molly Moon's and arrange for the ice cream truck to be there at the same time? The ice cream truck must had e a minimum number of "guarantees" before they will make a special trip?

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Clearly we are Mac & Cheese experts and they didn't realize it. What is your stance on Piroshky?
    Dear Katy ,

Would you pleeeeeeeeze ask Tom to set-up a pre-grand opening before Seattle becomes a Slip and Slide so that we, forum members can indulge in some of Seattle culinary delights.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    I'll just leave this here:

Luscious Lemon Ice Cream
    That looks good enough for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or just throughout the entire day!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    I'll just leave this here:

Luscious Lemon Ice Cream

Leave a comment:

• tCook
    replied
    Clearly we are Mac & Cheese experts and they didn't realize it. What is your stance on Piroshky?
    You mean the place at the market? I'm not experienced ...

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by tCook View Post
    I probably won't drag her to the showroom too often, no. Not sure she's as in to the TB window shopping as I am!

Yeah, Beecher's is pretty ballsy calling it the World's Best and then not impressing the two of us. I mean, we'd *know* if it were even close to being the World's Best, and if neither of us think it is, clearly it is not. I may need to write them a letter.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cymberleah View Post
    Oh, hush you. Although winter does tend to lead to shorter lines at the ice cream shops... Hmm.
    I stand by my statement . I'm beginning to overdose on pumpkin flavored things though. Hopefully molly moon's does a pumpkin spice flavor stat!

Today, I had a pumpkin spiced latte with breakfast, lunch was some pumpkin cream cheese dip with wheat thins. Dinner..may be pumpkin curry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X