Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,292   Members: 6,532   Active Members: 277
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recycling alkaline batteries and CFLs / florescent tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling alkaline batteries and CFLs / florescent tubes

Does anyone know where you are supposed to take alkaline batteries for recycling? How about florescent light bulbs (4-foot-long shop tubes and the newer "CFL" compact florescent lamps)? I have asked around repeatedly and nobody can give me an answer.
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

We just dropped off our florescent and CFL bulbs last night at Lowes when we picked up some new ones and some LED's. They didn't have a common receptacle. We had to ask the service person and they have a return at the counter.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

My County website has information about specific recycling items, but you've maybe tried that already?

Comment

So glad you are taking the effort to recycle the batteries. Here is site where you can enter your zip code & the item, and see some locations. I have some printer cartridges to recycle, and this site told me that a Boy Scout troop collects them. Cool!

Battery Recycling - Earth911.com

Comment

I believe IKEA will take batteries and bulbs of all sorts. I also drop off batteries at Office Depot, the Home Depot, and Best Buy.

Comment

Working...
          X