Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,761   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ipad Charging While Traveling????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I just looked up the manual sheet, and you're right... that's what it says. BUT I did plug in both my iPad and my iPhone4, and (1) both charged and (2) I didn't burn down the hotel or anything. Maybe it charges more slowly or something.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Comment

Originally posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
      Well, I just looked up the manual sheet, and you're right... that's what it says. BUT I did plug in both my iPad and my iPhone4, and (1) both charged and (2) I didn't burn down the hotel or anything. Maybe it charges more slowly or something.
      Probably charges much more slowly. To charge the iPad at the faster rate, you've gotta have 10W just for the iPad. Most of the multi-chargers seem to be 10W total, which means anything plugged in along with the iPad will literally double your charge time.

Comment

And that was for a 1st-Gen iPad. With the new Ipad with its massive battery, it would probably be a problem. Takes much longer to charge even with its' dedicated charger.
        YonkDaddy!
        Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Comment

Working...
        X