Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeG
    replied
    The supplied iPad charger is 10 watts, which translates into 2 amps output (10 watts divided by 5 volts = 2 amps), so your charger should do the job. However, if you are charging another device at the same time, your iPad charging time will increase substantially. I have successfully charged my iPad with an iPhone charger - it just took longer.

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    replied
    You should be able to use your wall charger since the ipad draws 10W. The 5V, 2A port should be able to handle this. I use a similar type of wall charger when I travel and use it for my iphone, ipad, and other devices that are chargeable via USB - Kindle, Mophie juice pack and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Frank II
    started a topic Ipad Charging While Traveling????

Ipad Charging While Traveling????

I have a feelling there are quite a few Ipad owners here so I thought I'd ask this question:

I think I'm going to stop holding out as the only non-owner of an Ipad and get one. My question is about charging it while traveling.

I pack light. Very light. I don't travel with a laptop. I've been traveling with my Ipod Touch and a folding Bluetooth keyboard to handle everything internet related. I charge the Touch as well as my smart phone, Kindle, etc. with a USB wall charger. I also have a portable battery charger for those times I'm not near a socket.

The wall charger, which has 2 USB ports, has the following output information:

DC 5V, 2A max (1 USB port)
    DC 5V, 1A max (2 USB ports using simultaneously)

The battery charger is: 5 volts/500mA.

Now for my question. Will I be able to use these chargers to charge my Ipad or will I have to get something separate?

TIA
Working...
X