Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,819   Posts: 191,212   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the *ONE* "unusual" item you always travel with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinsale
    replied
    I keep a mini bottle of vodka in my 3D clear organizer. Just in case, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lani View Post
    Any other special items?

...and no. Tom Bihn bags do not count. We already assume you use them. ;-)
    Lani,

I re-posted your question over on Facebook and there's already two great responses.

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    I was once shocked to discover that the TSA considers the gel in your SHOE INSOLES to as no-nos!!!!!!! I mean, really?
    But gel bras are ok...

Leave a comment:

• JLE
    replied
    Hahahaha you're showing your roots, matey!

Technically I believe it does need to go in your 3-1-1 bag. That means 3 ounce tubes. Will they fit?
    My hairdresser can confirm that I spend large amounts of time and cash ensuring that my roots don't show!

I think the Vegemite tubes in the supermarket might be bigger than 100ml (not anissue when travelling domestically). But you could easily use a Go-toob.

Leave a comment:

• Chiro75
    replied
    These days it seems like I ONLY travel with weird stuff! LOL Most of my traveling is work-related, teaching postgraduate technique courses to other chiropractors. The TSA LOVES me.

Last trip I had a set of FAKTR instruments (Shop Online - Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehabilitation, Provocation and Motion) which are not sharp but could easily be confused for martial arts instruments, a gun-shaped Impac Arthro-Stim that earned a lot of attention (http://simpsonchirocares.com/sites/d...c/IMG_0910.JPG), a portable drop piece (http://www.thulitables.com/images/up...stingBoard.jpg) and a plastic model of a human foot. LOL

Interestingly, THE FOOT was the only thing they weren't concerned about!

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    We have two Uglydogs (well, we have more than two, but these are the two that go places with us).
    Do you take pictures with/of them in your travels, like Flat Stanley?

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by snowbot View Post
    My guess is that the Vegemite is supposed to go in the 3-1-1 bag, but that no one will notice it if is stashed elsewhere since Vegemite doesn't flow.
    I was once shocked to discover that the TSA considers the gel in your SHOE INSOLES to as no-nos!!!!!!! I mean, really?

I've heard that some people have had their hummus confiscated!

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by JLE View Post
    [edit: how could I have forgotten to mention my squeezy tube of Vegemite! I don't take one on every trip, but I am always glad when I do. Hmm, thought - does it need to go in 3-1-1 bag???]
    Hahahaha you're showing your roots, matey!

Technically I believe it does need to go in your 3-1-1 bag. That means 3 ounce tubes. Will they fit?

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    We have two Uglydogs (well, we have more than two, but these are the two that go places with us). One is pink, and one is red. They've been all over the US, to Ireland, and to Italy (we have a picture somewhere of the pink one on top of a tower). They're now about seven years old, so they're not as seaworthy as they used to be, so they don't go on international trips anymore.

These days, we often bring along our corgi duo. You've seen them enough that I needn't subject you to them on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    Dogs. Lots of Dogs. 3-6 per trip. In fact they are the purpose of the trip.

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Originally posted by snowbot View Post
    My husband is a geologist and he usually buys me a pendant with a semi-precious rock when he goes to a meeting, so the necklace reminds me of him. I guess even I get sentimental some times.
    snowbot, We are the Mrs Gotrocks. ;-) Luke goes to the Tucson show every year - my house is filled with rocks. Wish I'd paid more attention in geology class...

Leave a comment:

• snowbot
    replied
    Originally posted by JLE View Post
    [edit: how could I have forgotten to mention my squeezy tube of Vegemite! I don't take one on every trip, but I am always glad when I do. Hmm, thought - does it need to go in 3-1-1 bag???]
    My guess is that the Vegemite is supposed to go in the 3-1-1 bag, but that no one will notice it if is stashed elsewhere since Vegemite doesn't flow.

Leave a comment:

• snowbot
    replied
    I like to travel with a very small nightlight for hotel room bathrooms. I often forget these, so I replenish my stock often.

I also like to travel with a necklace. Most days when I'm not on travel, I can't be bothered to put on jewelry and half the time I forget even my minimal make-up regime. But I find wearing, and keeping track of, a necklace rather comforting when I'm traveling. My husband is a geologist and he usually buys me a pendant with a semi-precious rock when he goes to a meeting, so the necklace reminds me of him. I guess even I get sentimental some times.

Leave a comment:

• JLE
    replied
    Tiny travel candles to mask that hotel room smell.
    A good quality Bluetooth speaker in case I can't jack my iPad into the hotel's system.
    Very small hair straightening irons. I can leave the others at home but this one is a must-have for me!

Last edited by JLE; 04-18-2012, 03:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    replied
    Well,lest anyone here doubts my standing as "King Nerdlinger" I will tell you that this radio is 1 odd device I always carry when traveling.

It is so tiny it is tough to leave behind and it is a full featured Amateur Radio Transceiver. It will not only tune or listen to AM/FM/Weather bands but a lot of VHF/UHF/Aircraft/Marine/Shortwave/Railroad and Public Safety broadcasts too. But wait.....it also will transmit as well.
    So wherever I am I have a full radio Transmit and Receive station in the palm of my hand.

Since I travel to South Florida a lot for example I can listen to Aircraft and Marine broadcasts and have emergency weather always handy too.
    I can transmit anywhere and connect with other weirdos like myself that I haven't even met yet!
    It is always a fun challenge to try to make these radio contacts with an absolute minimum of gear and using AA battery power too.

It can listen to FM while secretly listening for Communications broadcast and override one with the other.

I can also utilize various internet linking methods and talk literally anywhere in the world from this tiny device!

Welcome to Yaesu.com

Yaesu VX-3

Fun and Portable what else could I ask for?!

Ed-KC0UKR
    EZ Dog to my friends

Leave a comment:

Working...
X