Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re using TB boxes at UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re using TB boxes at UPS

I reused my TB box to send some art to a friend--because it fit and I am NEVER getting rid of my EB on eBay and that is that.

The guys at the UPS store had a slight fit over the carbon neutral labels on the box. They made a big production of sticking white labels over them. "We don't want it to get delayed." (What? Like stuck in the "carbon neutralizing machine"?)

Anybody have a similar experience?

Not at UPS, but I shipped a Hyperlite Mountain Gear backpack to its new home in a TB box via USPS and no-one blinked an eye. I did cover the UPS labels but that was all. Thanks to the dimensions, Priority with tracking cost just $1.75 more than First Class.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Comment

re using TB boxes at UPS

I have a bit of a fetish about this. If I'm reusing a TB box to send on a TB bag or an apple box to send on an apple product etc. then I reuse the box as is, but if say, I was sending an Apple product in a TB box or an Olympus camera in an Apple box etc. I turn the box inside out. Either way, I like to wrap the box in brown paper and string (it's one of my favourite things after all) to keep prying, acquisitive eyes out. I know it's odd, but that's just me and my eBay buyers seem to like it as it often gets a positive mention either in my feedback or in a thank-you email.
      Last edited by Fat Crip; 03-30-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lomo View Post
        The guys at the UPS store had a slight fit over the carbon neutral labels on the box. They made a big production of sticking white labels over them. "We don't want it to get delayed." (What? Like stuck in the "carbon neutralizing machine"?)
        Heh, carbon neutralizing machine. Pretty funny -- the carbon neutral logos on our shipping boxes actually went through a UPS approval process.
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
        X