Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,534   Posts: 187,861   Members: 6,498   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, TG100.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Special Plug For Lära Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much, Zephyrnoid! I promise to share them with Amy, Alex, and everyone else here....we'll do an official taste testing.

Hazelnut Chocolate Praline!!!!!!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Well, results of Lärabar with chocolate haven't been grand to tell you the truth. I'm not sure what it is about adding chocolate /coffee to the base Lärabar mix but it hasn't matched the other flavors in balance and stability. Now that's just coming from 1/2 dozen testers I recruited. Everyone else may well disagree so maybe just Hazelnut Praline would be enough? Certainly whatever they did with the Pistachio was outstanding. A modest care package is headed your way in the AM. I'll post an evaluation form in my project site so we can all be on the same plate !

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      Hazelnut Chocolate Praline!!!!!!

Comment

Hey friends of LäraBar. Next time you try a LäraBar, why not help us rate it like we did in our review page? I'd love to hear your specific critiques of the different flavors. Bon Apetit!
        http://www.imagometrics.com/GoBags/LaraBar.htm

Comment

Status report. Rumors are confirmed. My wolfing down 1/2 dozen Pistachio LäraBars in three days has added girth to my midrift. Yikes! It's time for me to hit the trail!

Comment

Beautiful pictures! Where are those locations?

We received the bars today. Thank you very much! The official taste test will happen tomorrow, but I have to admit that I did already eat a Pistachio. Soooo good! I think I like the Pistachio even better than the Cashew, which was my favorite flavor.

I haven't tried Key Lime Pie yet. Something scares me about actual key lime pies - I see them as the color of early 90's fluorescent clothing and rotating in glass enclosure. What's not scary about that? But I am sure the Lara version is perfectly yummy, and of course, natural. We'll find out tomorrow.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Comment

I've checked Costco here a few times for Larabars with no success. Trader Joe's is pretty limited. I guess I'll order from Larabar. Pistachio- mmm. Can't wait to try it.

Comment

I bought 4 chocolate coconut Larabars for $5 yesterday, what a sweet deal.

I love Trader Joe's!!! BTW, checkout Trader Joe's Trail Mix Bars that come
                  in a box of 6 for $1.99, another sweet deal.
                  Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA

Travel Lite & Smart

Comment

A Lara Bar Poll

Everyone in the office loved both Pistachio and Key Lime Pie. Those are two clear winning flavors!
                    Last edited by Darcy; 03-08-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Yay! I'm glad you liked them and my midrift thanks you too! Pictures are my daily walk around Lake Needwood, Gathersburg, MD. My latest hang station. Lovely place considering how close it is to the White House. LOL!
                      Thanks for the compliments. more pictures later.

Comment

Today's hike picture...

Comment

I bought my first Larabar yesterday [Apple Pie] at Trader Joe's and ate it for breakfast today. Very good. I'll be buying many more.

Comment

Reviving this thread to ask: At $2/bar, they are a bit pricey.. has anyone tried making their own? http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/0...type-bars.html

moriond: I just replenished my stock at the Vim & Vigor at Ala Moana! I think they had all the flavors! Haven't checked the Costco yet! Eep! Will have to stow away in a friend's car the next time they go!

Comment

Originally posted by Just View Post
                              Reviving this thread to ask: At $2/bar, they are a bit pricey.. has anyone tried making their own? http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/0...type-bars.html
                              I haven't, but I think I will! Thanks for posting that link. That is, if I can find some reasonably priced dates. (no, no, I mean the fruit.) I have all of the other ingredients leftover from holiday baking: coconut, various nuts, dried cherries, etc. I got a little bake-crazy over the holidays and should really switch to making stuff like Lara bars instead of buttermilk cookies and german chocolate cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Just View Post

moriond: I just replenished my stock at the Vim & Vigor at Ala Moana! I think they had all the flavors! Haven't checked the Costco yet! Eep! Will have to stow away in a friend's car the next time they go!
                                Hi Just,

I was over on the Big Island on Sunday, and bought Lärabars at $1.69/bar (sale price, regularly closer to $2/bar) at Island Naturals Market in Hilo (in Waiakea Center next to the Borders; 1 mile from the turnoff for Hilo airport). I've never been to Costco. Aren't there supposed to be two Whole Foods Markets opening in Honolulu sometime early this year?

Did Vim & Vigor have Hazelnut Praline? I haven't tried that flavor yet (but have had Pistachio and Key Lime pie -- both available at Island Naturals Market).

Cheers,

moriond
                                Last edited by moriond; 01-08-2008, 12:05 PM. Reason: added accent mark and note about Pistachio and Key Lime Pie

Comment

Working...
                                X