Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,636   Posts: 189,039   Members: 6,623   Active Members: 299
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    BWeaves
    Forum Member

• BWeaves
    replied
    My Fisher Space Pen is a slippery little thing. Looks like a silver bullet. BUT . . . It's not tall enough to poke out the top of a pen slot, which makes it hard to get out of the pen slot. It doesn't have a clippy thing, so if the pen slot is bottomless, it falls through. And it's completely tubular. If I set it down, it immediately rolls away. I do love the pen, but I wish it was longer, had some flat sides and a clippy thing.

Leave a comment:

• luthercale
    Forum Member

• luthercale
    replied
    Men's Clothing
    - Outlier
    - Wool & Prince
    - Thunderbolt Sportswear

Also, I love Fisher Space Pens. Great for travel, perform well in pressurized cabins.
    For shoes, I love my black AllBirds.
    For ultralight stuff, I like Hyperlite Mountain Gear.
    luthercale
    Forum Member
    Last edited by luthercale; 03-06-2017, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhnmason
    Forum Member

• jhnmason
    replied
    Not too big of a list but I'll give it a try.

Chester Mox - high quality leather goods made in the USA. Have had one of their front pocket wallets for years and love it, has aged beautifully.
    Tom Bihn, of course
    Cedar Pointe Pencils - Made in the USA and NJ, in fact. Awesome pencils.
    Field Notes - Essential EDC notebooks. Durable enough to be thrown in a back pocket and used for a while or until they're full. I've got a subscription and use these everyday.
    GIR Spatula - Works perfectly, easy to clean, one of my favorite spatulas.
    Nations Photo Lab - my go-to for scanning old digital photos and printing new ones. Many options and very high quality prints out of MN.
    Thinket - Awesome little fidget made in the USA.
    Thinking Putty - Remember Silly Putty? This is even better. Awesome toy, great for a fidget, and also made in the USA.
    Jack Donnelly - Currently out of stock but otherwise awesome and well made pants out of the USA.
    Pact - Extremely comfortable and well made undergarments and casual wear.
    Dudek Modern Goods - Gorgeous and hand made pen holders, out of the USA.

That is all for now though I'm sure that I am missing a few. Will update later once I think of them.

Leave a comment:

• drobinson
    Forum Member

• drobinson
    replied
    My random list, many of which have been listed already in this awesome thread.

Morino Wool: IceBreaker
    Socks: Darn Tough
    Fleece: Patagonia
    Travel Bags: Tom Bihn [emoji3]
    Backpacks(For serious hiking / backpacking). : Osprey
    Knives (EDC): SAK or Benchmade
    Knives (Bushcraft): Mora
    Knives ((kitchen): Victorinox
    Cooler: Yeti
    Water Bottles: Klean Kanteen
    Flashlights: Fenix
    Laptop: Apple MacBookPro
    Headphones(noise canceling): Bose QC20i
    Smartphone: Apple iPhone
    Headlamp: Black Diamond ReVolt
    Cameras: Nikon
    Powertools: Festool
    Axe: Gransfors Bruks

Big thank you to all the other contributors. I've found several new manufactures to drool over in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Brando
    Forum Member

• Brando
    replied
    Some shoes that I really like are made by a New Zealand company called Allbirds, made from merino wool and called 'wool runners'. I think they might market them as sneakers, but I just use them for walking around the city, and for travelling, so comfortable, and very lightweight.

Leave a comment:

• DeBru
    Forum Member

• DeBru
    replied
    @autolycus sorry I didn't state that as clearly as I could have... hubby is hoping the company will start to make matching pants for the jacket. I sew and slightly off fabrics and colors push me over the edge. That's one of the things I love about Tom Bihn, the piecing and seaming on all the bags is about as close to perfect as you can get!

Leave a comment:

• autolycus
    Forum Member

• autolycus
    replied
    Originally posted by DeBru View Post
    My husband LOVES his... he's hoping for matching pants so it can be a suit. The fabric is different than the pants, a bit silkier feel if that makes sense.
    Steer him away from this, please. It's one of my big pet peeves in men's clothing. If it's not an actual suit and the fabric isn't exactly the same, the pants and jacket should not be the same color. They won't match quite right and it will look off. A blazer or sport coat should always be a different color than the pants. Gray or earth tone pants with a navy jacket, for instance, is a great look, but navy blazer and navy pants just doesn't look right. That's especially true with blazers that have patch pockets and brass buttons, but I think it applies to anything not made specifically as a full suit.

Leave a comment:

• anna2222
    Forum Member

• anna2222
    replied
    Me too, haraya! I actually bought the pocket sets for my two teens (after they kept taking mine off my desk) and they love them! I am definitely keeping them for the future and they are very useful for my kids to take along when they babysit, the little ones love them!

Leave a comment:

• haraya
    Forum Member

• haraya
    replied
    My kids loved Tegu! We used to keep a set in the car, for restaurants and road trips. I always thought it was amazing how the kids came up with such creative structures. I still have several sets safely stored away. For some grandkids someday.

Leave a comment:

• anna2222
    Forum Member

• anna2222
    replied
    FOLDING BIKES: Bike Friday, made in Eugene, OR

EDC FOUNTAIN PENS: KAWECO Classic Sport fine nib

CHILDRENS BUILDING TOY: TEGU Magnetic wood blocks (specifically the on-the-go pocket pouches)

TRAVEL SKETCHING JOURNAL: PENTALIC

CHOCOLATE BAR: Equal Exchange Organic Very Dark Chocolate Cacao 71% (best soy-free organic dark chocolate bar I have ever tasted, and I have tried most of them!)

Leave a comment:

• 1holegrouper
    Forum Member

• 1holegrouper
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    I wear Bluffworks pants to work daily. How is the blazer?
    Amazing and everything you would expect and more. The feel of it is hard to describe.

Leave a comment:

• DeBru
    Forum Member

• DeBru
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    My husband LOVES his... he's hoping for matching pants so it can be a suit. The fabric is different than the pants, a bit silkier feel if that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    Forum Member

• bltkmt
    replied
    Originally posted by 1holegrouper View Post
    Let see- very random:

Men's slacks and sportcoat; Bluffworks
    Merino wool: Ibex, Icebreaker
    Cooler; Yeti
    Pocket knife; Chris Reeve Sebenza
    Hats: Tilley
    Socks: Injinji, Darn Tuff
    Shoes; Soft Star, Lems, Merrell
    Tooth powder; Black Monkey
    Travel clothes, Ex Officio, Kuhl, Tilley, Ibex, Icebreaker, Bluffworks, Marmot, Rohan

Leave a comment:

• 1holegrouper
    Forum Member

• 1holegrouper
    replied
    Let see- very random:

Men's slacks and sportcoat; Bluffworks
    Merino wool: Ibex, Icebreaker
    Cooler; Yeti
    Pocket knife; Chris Reeve Sebenza
    Hats: Tilley
    Socks: Injinji, Darn Tough
    Shoes; Soft Star, Lems, Merrell
    Tooth powder; Black Monkey
    Travel clothes, Ex Officio, Kuhl, Tilley, Ibex, Icebreaker, Bluffworks, Marmot, Rohan
    1holegrouper
    Forum Member
    Last edited by 1holegrouper; 02-23-2017, 11:16 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• invisible
    Forum Member

• invisible
    replied
    surprised more people haven't said Fjallraven. They are more hiking gear but i wouldn't get another brand for a good jacket. Bags are not bad as well but don't come close to Tom Bihn Different style though

Welcome to Fjällräven - Fjällräven
    Functional and durable outdoor equipment - Fjällräven

For a Torch (flashlight) try MBI - MatchBox Instruments — MBI - MatchBox Instruments

clothing Merino Wool Outdoor Clothing & Apparel | Icebreaker
    invisible
    Forum Member
    Last edited by invisible; 02-06-2017, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X