Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muni_Jedi
    replied
    Walz Caps are one of my favorites as well. They are cycling style caps in a cotton, wool or technical fabric (think athletic clothes). They are well made, pack small, fit well and have a distinct style (IMHO).

Leave a comment:

• Jaffa
    replied
    Rohan again....most of my wardrobe - day to day and any other time is 3 quarters Rohan.
    Packs small, light and doesn't need ironing. Anything merino as well, luckily Rohan seems to be expanding on their Merino way for women..
    Jaffa

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    Originally posted by Perseffect View Post

Travel Clothes - Rohan. If Tom Bihn made travel clothes.... they would be Rohan

Wallets - Bellroy (Their passport wallet is great) Passport Sleeve - Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

I can definitely get behind these two. I only have three Rohan Element-T shirts, but I love them. Initially bought for a late summer trip to Italy, but wear them everywhere now. So light and comfortable. As far as Bellroy is concerned, I carry the Microsleeve daily now and have carried the Card Pocket previously (I like small wallets). Good choices!

Leave a comment:

• Perseffect
    replied
    Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

So glad to have seen this thread. I jumped back to the beginning to see if others had already added my brands, and see the thread was started in 2007. Cool.

Being UK based, but a lucky global traveler, here are my top quality brands.

Travel Clothes - Rohan. If Tom Bihn made travel clothes.... they would be Rohan

Wallets - Bellroy (Their passport wallet is great) Passport Sleeve - Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

Audio - I love FiiO hi-def music players and portable amplifiers Fiio-Born for Music and Happy. And RHA headphones (from Scotland, yeah!) make a great companion. RHA Headphones

Bikes - Brompton folding bikes. Don't have one but totally wish I did. Brompton Bikes

Cooking - my Kitchenaid mixer was so expensive but worth every penny. Official KitchenAid Site | Premium Kitchen Appliances

What a cool thread!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Perseffect; 10-06-2016, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blueflax
    replied
    Pacsafe purses! LOVE them.

I got my first one (messenger bag style) for travel and thought the layout / configuration was so brilliant that it instantly became my everyday bag--until the swivel part broke on one of the metal bits on the shoulder strap. It still works, it clips on to the bag, it just doesn't un-kink itself like before. I have held on that first bag in the perhaps unrealistic hope that someone (luggage repair? sailboat supplier?) might be able to fix that bit.

I have the giant (GIANT. Only use for travel) hobo bag now, but I don't like the current configuration quite as much. On the old one the big interior pocket zips and on the newer ones it just has a snap.

I don't find the added weight of the metal an issue at all, and I don't even think of the security aspect until I find myself in a dodgy situation and I'm glad it's there.

Leave a comment:

• Denises
    replied
    Another option for foldable ballerina flats

I've been very happy with a pair of Cocorose ballerina flats, like these, except olive green. I've had them a few months and they are wearing well.

Leave a comment:

• adalangdon
    replied
    Originally posted by craftyredhead View Post
    SoftStar shoes was one of the first quality minimalist shoe companies there was way back in 2011 when I started to run minimalist/barefoot. They make really great shoes, when they are ON. However, since they are "handmade" it can be hit or miss in terms of consistency. I have worn the Run Amoks shoes for years, and the first pair I got was awesome. Then the second pair the pieces of front and rear of shoes were wildly different from my first pair. like we're not talking millimeters; it was like an inch in difference in the pieces, making the shoes look and fit differently. Replacement pair 3 worked. Then a year or so later when I had worn those out, i tried to order again. Sewn wrong. Replacement, also sewn wrong. Finally gave up in frustration. YMMV
    Sadly, another complaint about SSS here. I was thrilled to wear my black ballerines for 2.5 weeks; the sole is the most comfortable barefoot sole I've worn so far. But after so short a time, the sole at the toe area is separating from the rest of the shoe on one foot and I've only worn these shoes to the office and court. Guess it's back to Dr Martens or Grinders for me. They're comfortable and haven't failed me for the past 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• brucep
    replied
    Someone mentioned the Equinox Monarch in a different thread. To that person: thanks! I decided to try a Mega Monarch as a camp kitchen organizer, and, while I wouldn't mind a thicker fabric for this purpose, my initial impression was positive — everything fit exactly how I imagined it.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    I've been very happy with my Jade yoga mat. Many fun colors from which to choose and Made in USA!

I bought a vase made by Carl Sheehan as a souvenir while on vacation in Yellowstone last year and a friend of mine recently admired it/liked it so much that he did some searching and discovered that one can buy Sheehan's pottery online as well, which is pretty cool: I might get a couple more pieces as gifts this holiday season.

And I won't really offer a true recommendation until next spring, but I ordered some phacelia sericea seeds from Seeds Trust which I'm very excited about (yes, these are the kinds of things that I find exciting!)

Future purchase, perhaps next summer: custom Made in USA Chaco's to replace my current pair that have frayed webbing and totally worn tread (I hike June - September mostly in my Chaco's). I can't decide which colors to get!
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-28-2016, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mathew
    replied
    I'm a huge fan of Harkila outdoor wear. It's expensive but comfortable, well fitting and ABSOLUTELY bomb proof!

Leave a comment:

• craftyredhead
    replied
    Originally posted by barefoot View Post
    +1 for Soft Stars

Soft Star Shoes - Less Shoe, More You

--my kids have enjoyed them for years, and they love that the "elves" make them.
    SoftStar shoes was one of the first quality minimalist shoe companies there was way back in 2011 when I started to run minimalist/barefoot. They make really great shoes, when they are ON. However, since they are "handmade" it can be hit or miss in terms of consistency. I have worn the Run Amoks shoes for years, and the first pair I got was awesome. Then the second pair the pieces of front and rear of shoes were wildly different from my first pair. like we're not talking millimeters; it was like an inch in difference in the pieces, making the shoes look and fit differently. Replacement pair 3 worked. Then a year or so later when I had worn those out, i tried to order again. Sewn wrong. Replacement, also sewn wrong. Finally gave up in frustration. YMMV

Leave a comment:

• barefoot
    replied
    This is a very fun and quirky company that I love--

Living Libations

Home; About. About Nadine & Ron; Links; Libation Adulation; Products. Renegade Beauty Care. Beauty Solutions; Beauty Care: The Whole Being; Body Ablutions; Essential Oils: Essential Kits: Eyes to Imbibe: Grace the Face: Happy Hands and Feet: Healthy

Leave a comment:

• barefoot
    replied
    +1 for Soft Stars

Soft Star Shoes - Less Shoe, More You

--my kids have enjoyed them for years, and they love that the "elves" make them.
    Last edited by barefoot; 08-18-2016, 05:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BWeaves
    replied
    Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
    MUST NOT READ THIS TREAD - MUST NOT READ THIS TREAD - MUST NOT READ THIS THREAD

Over and out...

It's dangerous. I've already gone to several websites recommended and bought stuff.

Leave a comment:

• skoobdo
    replied
    I love Columbia and Pacsafe too. I own lots of pants and shirts from Columbia, and 2 shirts started fading the 1st month I purchased them, but I dealt with, and many months later (within 1 year), I contacted them and they sent me a $95.00 credit. Even though the shirts cost less than that. So, their customer service was outstanding.

My personal items are Pacsafe purses and Scottevests. Wouldn't be without them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X