Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,636   Posts: 189,039   Members: 6,623   Active Members: 299
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Pokilani
    Forum Member

• Pokilani
    replied
    I love this @LordBute. When I read the most recent blog post from Tom, it made me wish that there was a similar tag in my TB bags.

Leave a comment:

• LordBute
    Forum Member

• LordBute
    replied
    My favourite brand at the moment is Woolpower. They make warm wool clothing. I have bought 200g and 400g ullfrotte vests, jackets and long-johns during the last year and I love them,

I take the bus every day and between walking to the bus-stop and waiting for the bus I need clothes that work. I go to hot yoga and sweat a lot. Then I change into my woolpower to walk home. I dont get cold even if Im wet. The colours are not that exciting. Mostly green, grey, black and navy. But I have one petrol/champagne 400g jackets that is really pretty. I'm not going to lie. My green 400g long-johns are crazy ugly. Warm is number one priority.

They make everything in Östersund Sweden. I like that. The seamtress make the whole garment and put a label with her name in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160303_174806 (450x800).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	307.0 KB
ID:	298301

Leave a comment:

• John
    Forum Member

• John
    replied
    Racking my brain to think of quality things made in the USA (given this forum's demographics) which I like:

Wallet Pen
    Mothers Day - Graduation - Summer Wedding
    Made in Vermont. It's saved me on occasions when I don't have a pen immediately to hand, e.g. stuck in a plane seat with my bag (and pen) in the overhead and needing to fill out an immigration card before landing.

Really Right Stuff
    Really Right Stuff
    All gear made in San Luis Obispo. Tripods and related camera/lens support accessories for all situations. Expensive but it'll most likely have a much better effect on the technical quality of your photos (compared to spending the same/more on getting a new camera). I think their stated values are great:

We strive for product perfection in form, function and value.

We passionately appreciate beauty in all God's creations and strive to create beauty for others to enjoy.

We believe product aesthetics are as important as function.
    Innovation beats imitation and it's more satisfying.

We believe people are inherently good. We trust our customers and make every effort to meet or exceed their expectations for superior service and product performance.

It's our duty to help our customers understand camera support system selection and use.

We expect to make a reasonable profit.

Our Vision is what we want to be;

Our Mission is what we do;

Our Values teach us how.
    John
    Forum Member
    Last edited by John; 03-03-2016, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    Forum Member

• bltkmt
    replied
    I don't want this thread to die a slow death as I think there is a lot of valuable info here. One other thing that I have found recently and love are Kuhl mens pants. I have a pair of the Free Rydrs, which are their "Klassik" fit and fit me great. Good quality pants and very comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Ilkyway
    Volunteer ********* Alumni

• Ilkyway
    replied
    MUST NOT READ THIS TREAD - MUST NOT READ THIS TREAD - MUST NOT READ THIS THREAD

Over and out...

Leave a comment:

• blackbird
    Forum Member

• blackbird
    replied
    Dansko clogs (great if you're on your feet all day) and Clark's Wallabees (incredibly comfy and durable). Neither is cheap, but both are built to last.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    Forum Member

• bltkmt
    replied
    +1 on Quoddy mocs...I have two pair and would have more if I lived in a warmer climate so I could wear all year.

Leave a comment:

• Jd1006
    Forum Member

• Jd1006
    replied
    American giant -- awesome hoodies and sweat pants. Seriously...I want to wear them all day.
    Quoddy -- I have 4 pairs of there shoes....so comfortable, durable, and they will resolve them so they could last a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• Dandelion
    Forum Member

• Dandelion
    replied
    Made in the USA, functional, beautiful, reasonably-priced knife goodness. It's stuff I love, own and use.

Eye Candy: ML Knives – One of a kind custom hand forged knives | Past Work

Leave a comment:

• Dandelion
    Forum Member

• Dandelion
    replied
    Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
    Those Steger mocs look amazing. Do... want... (and seriously, I wish I had a reason to wear mukluks, but I never will-- not in this darned part of the world!)
    Steger Moccs on fleabay

Steger sizing chart

Tread Light Gear will custom make the moccasins if you want. Just send in tracings of your feet.

Ok, enough enabling.

Leave a comment:

• adalangdon
    Forum Member

• adalangdon
    replied
    Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
    TreadLightGear - love their raw cut inca moccs

Steger Mukluks - don't have any... YET! Soon though.

Both in Minnesota.
    Those Steger mocs look amazing. Do... want... (and seriously, I wish I had a reason to wear mukluks, but I never will-- not in this darned part of the world!)

Leave a comment:

• eightspokedb
    Forum Member

• eightspokedb
    replied
    Nite Ize electronic accessories
    Brooks Addiction walking shoes
    Baggu nylon shopping bags - especially the Baby Baggus - never go shoptting without them....

and some small bag company from Seattle....can't quite remember the name....

Leave a comment:

• taminca
    Forum Member

• taminca
    replied
    Darn Tough Socks are my favorite, @Orangeboys. Comfy, colorful and, well, darn tough!

Leave a comment:

• Orangeboys
    Forum Member

• Orangeboys
    replied
    Originally posted by binje View Post
    I think Smartwool is slipping in the sock category. I have several pair from at least 10 years ago that are still going strong while the most recent ones seem to wear quickly at the heels and get holes in the toe seams. It's very disappointing. I'm trying out a pair of Goodhew socks now. It's too early to comment on longevity, but so far, so good. US-made and I found them in a small local outdoor shop.
    Ah HA! My SmartWool socks are about 6 years old and still in good shape. I'll check out the Goodhew -- thank you!

Leave a comment:

• binje
    Forum Member

• binje
    replied
    Originally posted by casun View Post
    i have not had good luck with smart wool socks. the five or six pairs of socks that i've had have all worn out pretty quickly.
    I think Smartwool is slipping in the sock category. I have several pair from at least 10 years ago that are still going strong while the most recent ones seem to wear quickly at the heels and get holes in the toe seams. It's very disappointing. I'm trying out a pair of Goodhew socks now. It's too early to comment on longevity, but so far, so good. US-made and I found them in a small local outdoor shop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X