Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,503   Posts: 187,566   Members: 6,463   Active Members: 324
Welcome to our newest member, chrisjonty.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clothes: Patagonia (discovered them a few months ago, and well, I have too much stuff from them).
    Guitars: MusicMan. Guitars are everything for me. My favorite guitars are custom-made (e.g. my Waghorn: Waghorn Guitars ~ Custom Acoustic, Electric & Bass Guitars) but production-wise, MusicMan just makes The Right Stuff for me: https://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars. I have 4 with another one inbound, and that's just because two were stolen... and 3 sold.

Comment

Falke merino wool/cotton tights. Thick and warm, but not itchy at all. Fully fashioned no seam toes and turned heels. Amazing waist band. These are the best fitting tights I've ever had and they feel like they'll wear like iron.
      Last edited by BWeaves; 01-11-2017, 06:11 AM.

Comment

You should check out American-giant.com. Made in the USA. Lifetime warranty. I love their sweat pants and hoodies. The tees come in gorgeous colors. Recently ordered The Pant, and have to say they are great. Customer Service is excellent. Give them a look.

Comment

+1 for this. Malkoff makes really really high quality lights. Bright, durable, long lasting. I have several Malkoff Surefire drop-ins that are going on 7 years old and still going strong. Great customer service, and a small business worth supporting.

Originally posted by AVService View Post
          I guess I have not posted here before about Malkoff?

Malkoff Devices is an Alabama company that produces Flashlights and upgrade parts for them catering mainly to Law Enforcement and the crazy Flashlight Enthusiast community.
          It is run mostly by Gene Malkoff and his Wife and Family and despite or because of the small size they are an amazing resource for those looking for a great light.

The stock is often sold out and you might have to wait for one but they are great and almost without pier in the high quality light market and though they might seem pricey to those not in the hobby the lights are downright bargains when compared with others like them too.

The best though is the customer service which is really second to none,pretty much exactly like Bihn!

Comment

Thermapen cooking thermometer by Thermoworks. Mine has been going strong for about 7-8 years now. They come in great colors; mine is made in the UK, and I got it during a sale of first-quality items that had some sort of cosmetic issue with the box, or perhaps were a display model. The design has changed somewhat recently, but I expect it's still an outstanding kitchen digital thermometer.

Comment

surprised more people haven't said Fjallraven. They are more hiking gear but i wouldn't get another brand for a good jacket. Bags are not bad as well but don't come close to Tom Bihn Different style though

Welcome to Fjällräven - Fjällräven
              Functional and durable outdoor equipment - Fjällräven

For a Torch (flashlight) try MBI - MatchBox Instruments — MBI - MatchBox Instruments

clothing Merino Wool Outdoor Clothing & Apparel | Icebreaker
              Last edited by invisible; 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Let see- very random:

Men's slacks and sportcoat; Bluffworks
                Merino wool: Ibex, Icebreaker
                Cooler; Yeti
                Pocket knife; Chris Reeve Sebenza
                Hats: Tilley
                Socks: Injinji, Darn Tough
                Shoes; Soft Star, Lems, Merrell
                Tooth powder; Black Monkey
                Travel clothes, Ex Officio, Kuhl, Tilley, Ibex, Icebreaker, Bluffworks, Marmot, Rohan
                Last edited by 1holegrouper; 02-23-2017, 10:16 AM. Reason: typo
                Previous owned: A45 ballistic, NFTD
                Own:A45 Black Halcyon, A30 black ballistic, WF black ballistic, DLBC black Halcyon, DLBP original black dyneema, various packing cubes

Comment

Originally posted by 1holegrouper View Post
                  Let see- very random:

Men's slacks and sportcoat; Bluffworks
                  Merino wool: Ibex, Icebreaker
                  Cooler; Yeti
                  Pocket knife; Chris Reeve Sebenza
                  Hats: Tilley
                  Socks: Injinji, Darn Tuff
                  Shoes; Soft Star, Lems, Merrell
                  Tooth powder; Black Monkey
                  Travel clothes, Ex Officio, Kuhl, Tilley, Ibex, Icebreaker, Bluffworks, Marmot, Rohan
                  I wear Bluffworks pants to work daily. How is the blazer?
                  --------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
                    My husband LOVES his... he's hoping for matching pants so it can be a suit. The fabric is different than the pants, a bit silkier feel if that makes sense.
                    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
                      Amazing and everything you would expect and more. The feel of it is hard to describe.
                      Previous owned: A45 ballistic, NFTD
                      Own:A45 Black Halcyon, A30 black ballistic, WF black ballistic, DLBC black Halcyon, DLBP original black dyneema, various packing cubes

Comment

FOLDING BIKES: Bike Friday, made in Eugene, OR

EDC FOUNTAIN PENS: KAWECO Classic Sport fine nib

CHILDRENS BUILDING TOY: TEGU Magnetic wood blocks (specifically the on-the-go pocket pouches)

TRAVEL SKETCHING JOURNAL: PENTALIC

CHOCOLATE BAR: Equal Exchange Organic Very Dark Chocolate Cacao 71% (best soy-free organic dark chocolate bar I have ever tasted, and I have tried most of them!)

Comment

My kids loved Tegu! We used to keep a set in the car, for restaurants and road trips. I always thought it was amazing how the kids came up with such creative structures. I still have several sets safely stored away. For some grandkids someday.

Comment

Me too, haraya! I actually bought the pocket sets for my two teens (after they kept taking mine off my desk) and they love them! I am definitely keeping them for the future and they are very useful for my kids to take along when they babysit, the little ones love them!

Comment

Originally posted by DeBru View Post
                              My husband LOVES his... he's hoping for matching pants so it can be a suit. The fabric is different than the pants, a bit silkier feel if that makes sense.
                              Steer him away from this, please. It's one of my big pet peeves in men's clothing. If it's not an actual suit and the fabric isn't exactly the same, the pants and jacket should not be the same color. They won't match quite right and it will look off. A blazer or sport coat should always be a different color than the pants. Gray or earth tone pants with a navy jacket, for instance, is a great look, but navy blazer and navy pants just doesn't look right. That's especially true with blazers that have patch pockets and brass buttons, but I think it applies to anything not made specifically as a full suit.

Comment

@autolycus sorry I didn't state that as clearly as I could have... hubby is hoping the company will start to make matching pants for the jacket. I sew and slightly off fabrics and colors push me over the edge. That's one of the things I love about Tom Bihn, the piecing and seaming on all the bags is about as close to perfect as you can get!
                                current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

Working...
                                X