Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,676   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GaryS
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    Thanks for this - have you seen her work personally? I might just order one.
    No, I just stumbled on it looking for an alternative to a Tilley.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryS View Post
    This lady is sort of the Tom Bihn of hats. I haven't ordered from her but will for Christmas. Every hat is made by her by hand. Wow.
    Thanks for this - have you seen her work personally? I might just order one.

Leave a comment:

• PM4HIRE
    replied
    I plan to order a hat from this lady, gotta have a new hat.

Leave a comment:

• GaryS
    replied
    Did anyone say HATS?

This lady is sort of the Tom Bihn of hats. I haven't ordered from her but will for Christmas. Every hat is made by her by hand. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by jehingr View Post
    We just discovered Tiger Tail Foods. They make wonderful organic treats for animals (not just dogs & cats, but horses & small animals as well).

They are a small American company with customer service that will remind you of your favorite bag vendor. As a bonus, they will contribute a portion of your purchase to your favorite shelter or rescue. And of course if you don't have a favorite, Save Our Setters would gladly accept your donation.

The treats are not organic just "all natural", which anybody can use in their labels as this statement is not regulated.
    They use human grade ingredient but battery chicken and feedlot beef are human grade meat.

Just wanted to clarify the ingredient but they are a very nice company that does a world of good.

Leave a comment:

• jehingr
    replied
    Pet treats

We just discovered Tiger Tail Foods. They make wonderful all-natural treats for animals (not just dogs & cats, but horses & small animals as well).

They are a small American company with customer service that will remind you of your favorite bag vendor. As a bonus, they will contribute a portion of your purchase to your favorite shelter or rescue. And of course if you don't have a favorite, Save Our Setters would gladly accept your donation.
    Last edited by jehingr; 10-14-2009, 08:46 PM. Reason: Thanx Backpack for the correction

Leave a comment:

• Zephyrnoid
    replied
    I can't break...
    Maxpedition Liger Belts
    Maxpedition PUG Wallet
    Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon
    Cartier Passport Wallet
    Tom Bihn luggage
    Lummi Wee
    SAK Knives
    Circulon Special Edition Deep Pan
    Old School Chicago Cutlery - Walnut Tradition
    Sachtler Tripods
    Raichle Hiking Boots
    Gatorz Wraptor eyewear
    Rudy Project eyewear
    ballchain necklace
    YKK zippers
    My veteran Nikon Coolpix 5000 camera
    Petrol Camera Bag
    PortaBrace Videographer's Vest
    Amazon.com
    Doc Martens Shoes
    Blackhawk luggage
    Fenix lights
    Lindt 70% Chocolate
    Last edited by Zephyrnoid; 09-14-2009, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Krebs Recycle dog leashes

Best dog leashes in the whole world, plus they up-cycle small pieces of our 500 denier Cordura. Read more here.

Leave a comment:

• BPritchard
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    Thanks for that! I needed a new tripod, and just ordered the TrekPod II. How cool is that earth magnet mount?
    Holds the camera very well. Plus there is another lockdown.
    You get two mag mounts. One is for DSLR and the other is for a lighter camera or device.

I used the lighter one for my Canon S1 super zoom. The heavier one almost ripped the camera apart trying to disconnect it.

As a side note, the panning part of the WindowMount is not availble on their web site, you have to call.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    Thanks for that! I needed a new tripod, and just ordered the TrekPod II. How cool is that earth magnet mount?

Leave a comment:

• BPritchard
    replied
    All in One Monopod,Tripod, hiking staff

Trek-Tech

I had the original TrekPod II. Gave it to my son-in-law when I got the Trek Pod go which breaks down into a size for a carryon.

The TrekPod II has a carry bag($29) that I used to carry on the plane. Fit in the overheads fine.

I just bought the panning part of the WindowMount Plus for my TrekPod. Allows for better horizontal and vertical panning. Not as precise as a professional tripod, but great for hiking, etc where you don't have to carry a heavy tripod. Plus, you also have a hiking stick.

Expensive, but well engineered, like TB bags.

Leave a comment:

• BPritchard
    replied
    DeWalt DW2190 Medium Tough Storage Case

Reference picture.

I got mine at Home Depot for $4.99.

Great for my bits and other drill accesories. Everything stays locked down.

I bought another one just to keep assorted screws, etc

Leave a comment:

• hrmeeks
    replied
    I’ve noticed several people listing lip balm or chapstick in their packing lists. Gear Pipeline offers clip-on chapstick holders -- just right for clipping to an O-ring, & they keep it easily accessible instead of stuck in the bottom of a pocket or a pouch:

https://www.gearpipeline.com/c-30-su...-products.aspx

The clips come with their Beyond Coastal lip balm, but I prefer Blistex Herbal Answer. The clear plastic holder is nice & sturdy. The neoprene holder is not as well-made.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    Unusual, but perfect (for me) pocket organizer/wallet: http://www.billscustomcases.com/accessories.html

The quality is excellent and a lot of thought went into the design. Plus, Bill is a great guy to work with.

Leave a comment:

• ifse
    replied
    Travel related: Singapore Airlines. Great service at reasonable prices. On some Asia routes, they sometimes offer the lowest air fare.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X