Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by brantroz View Post
    I've had that coffee! It's great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• brantroz
    replied
    Raven's Brew Coffee

http://www.ravensbrew.com/

I live in Chicago, and I buy my beans direct from this Olympia, WA based roaster. A friend from the region turned me on to these beans a few years ago, and I'm hooked.

Try the Dead Man's Reach and Dharma Beans blends!!

Leave a comment:

• aiethabell
    replied
    Two great companies:

Laptop Lunches is a wonderful California company trying to reduce waste children and adults create from carrying their own food with them. Buy one of these and you've eaten your last overpriced inflight 'meal' or your last lousy takeout. I actually bought my first Laptop Lunchbox at Tom Bihn, back when the store was on 2nd Avenue. It was the only store in the state with it, so I went in for the lunchbox... and left with some nice Tom Bihn bags, one of which toted the item I'd gone in for!

For dog people, I highly recommend Doggone Good for dog items. Although they've discontinued their Cabana Crate, it can still be found for sale at some dog shows. Many are in evidence with happy dogs inside (usually top competitors, who use their crates nearly constantly). I have two, still going strong. Their clicker bait pouch has outlasted two dogs and one cat, and is awaiting my next puppy.

They actually discontinued making their crates because they couldn't compete with the cheap Chinese-made drek flooding the market. The die-hard Obedience/Agility/Field competitors (myself included) begged them not to; we were more than willing to pay a premium price for a premium product made hell-for-stout with an outstanding warranty (which is why I buy Tom Bihn). It was either quit making the crates or make cuts in the quality (which they were not willing to do) to stay competitive with the other manufacturers. That's why I recommend them. They have integrity.

Their article bags outlast the articles in them (it's a Utility Dog thing)!
    Last edited by aiethabell; 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• reina
    replied
    Benchmade knives are the best!!! Beautiful, durable, sharp...even customizable for lefties.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Tonic -- women's active wear made in Canada.

Nordic Ware -- U.S. made bundt pans!

Leave a comment:

• pretzelb
    replied
    For those who roast their own coffee I've been using Sweet Maria's for under a year and they seem like a decent bunch. I have only ordered online but I've had sent emails back and forth and got really good support. Not sure if they qualify as making a quality product because they just distribute the beans but they have done well by me so far.

Leave a comment:

• pretzelb
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Cesar Millan Illusion Leash and Collar Set

This is a very high-quality leash/collar set: the pictures and the description don't do it justice. We know our webbing, buckles, and construction around here, and the Illusion Leash/Collar Set is made (in the U.S.) out of very high-quality webbing and buckles. Plus, it works really well: Lily is totally squirrel crazy (she was pretty much bred to be so) and the Illusion collar has proven to be a safe, effective, and gentle way to train her.
    Darn. Our dog Georgia is squirrel and bunny crazy but she has a weak trachea and it does say at the end to avoid this collar in that case (glad I read all the way to the end). It always bugs me watching any TV show on dogs where they tell you to control the dog's head because it's pretty hard to do that when you can't put any collar around the neck. Oh well, she's a good dog and we'll just keeping using a harness.

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    replied
    I thought I was just having some mental block and kept re-reading your post trying to make sense of it.

Leave a comment:

• PM4HIRE
    replied
    I'm glad someone can spell on this forum, b/c I can't.

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    replied
    OK so you meant "Torn" not "Thrown"?

That makes more sense!

Leave a comment:

• PM4HIRE
    replied
    The lining inside the wallet was ripped, therefore, the wallet was not usable.
    Last edited by PM4HIRE; 01-20-2008, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    replied
    Originally posted by PM4HIRE View Post
    For me, Waterfield gear suffers from dismal quality assurance.
    I ordered a wallet from Waterfield in early 2004, paid for 2 day
    shipping, and the product arrived thrown inside the wallet.

I will never order from Waterfield again!
    I don't really understand what this means?
    What product thrown inside the wallet?

Anyway I have had nothing but terrific service and quality from them.

Leave a comment:

• PM4HIRE
    replied
    For me, Waterfield gear suffers from dismal quality assurance.
    I ordered a wallet from Waterfield in early 2004, paid for 2 day
    shipping, and the product arrived torn inside the wallet.

I will never order from Waterfield again!
    Last edited by PM4HIRE; 01-20-2008, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    replied
    It seems a dis-service to me not to mention Gary Waterfield and www.sfbags.com as far as I am concerned.

I have had EXACTLY the same kind of service from them as I have from Bihn and though you may compete there is plenty of room for good service and quality.

Style and model wise there are only a few tough descisions between you two and I am sure both can appreciate the other.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Beyond
    replied
    My fave

Ibis Bicycles has provided me with the best product and customer service for the past 14 years. I had a chocolate lab puppy in college named Ibis; the owner, Scot Nicol, sent me a gift package complete with collar made out of recycled inner tubes - the valves were pointing out ala faux spikes.
    Last edited by Beyond; 01-18-2008, 10:14 PM. Reason: more info

Leave a comment:

Working...
X