Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,637   Posts: 189,058   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post

Thanks for pointing this out! Too bad they are going out of business -- this post made me look at their site and I bought a case that fits three pens on one side and a pocket notebook (or index cards) on the other. The outside color is a bit bright for me -- almost like TB's Mayura -- but usable!
    I realise I'm way too late, but their Brasstown reminds me of the discontinued TB Tool/Pen Wrap. And the Stand-up Pen Case is effectively a very narrow Travel Tray. Just in case the TB folks would be looking for things to produce ...

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post

I realise I'm way too late, but their Brasstown reminds me of the discontinued TB 20617868423"]Tool/Pen Wrap[/URL]. And the Stand-up Pen Case is effectively a very narrow Travel Tray. Just in case the TB folks would be looking for things to produce ...
      dirkhaun
      Forum Member
      dirkhaun The (retired) Tool/Pen Wrap was not specifically designed with fountain pens in mind, and while it works well for gel pens, a number of fountain pen models are too thick to easily fit into it. On the other hand, that Tom BIHN accessory has been used to hold other crafting needle products. The first reference to Nock products, and a picture of the Brasstown, was introduced to the forums by
      adalangdon
      Forum Member
      adalangdon. She is one of those secret forum enablers who casually drops pictures of cool products, Tom BIHN accessories, or color combinations into her posts in different threads across the forums, so you may not be aware of how insidious and pervasive her influence is, or be able to trace things back to her. In this particular instance, she posted (#136, dated 08-01-2015) a picture of the Nock Brasstown from a thread titled Uses of the Parental Unit:
      @adalangdon’s Parental Unit packup including Nock Brasstown pen roll

That’s the Nock Brasstown pen roll holding various pens in the lower left corner of the picture. To the right is a Côte&Ciel Mykita Eyewear Case in Cinder Grey/Pink (see her 3-11-2015 post in the Sunglasses thread from 03-06-2015 started by @fdiaz64) further to the right is a Hobonichi Techo notebook with Cover on Cover. The clear 3D Organizer Cube is Azure Cordura, the Mesh 3DOC is Plum Cordura, with an attached Storm 6” Cordura keystrap. I think the pouches above the Grey Field Journal Notebook at the right are the Navy all-fabric version of the Clear Organizer Wallet (COW), an Original Nordic 400d Halcyon COW), and a Nano size Coyote Ballistic Organizer Pouch seen from the back. (For more pictures of this retired Ballistic Coyote Organizer Pouch, see the Coyote - the unsung hero? Thread from 07-10-2015

Sizing information is discussed in my post the Pen Wrap or Ballistic pouch? thread. I wrote there:
      If you want to hold a lot of pens/pencils, consider getting the Nock Brasstown, which is a pen roll in a zippered case. You can fit a number of other pens inside the case, and between the pen slots of that pen roll, and the slots are wide for Fountain pens. I have a picture of this case in one of my posts on the Daylight Briefcase in Black Halcyon that I will add the link for.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=312453&d=1624930089.jpg Views:	0 Size:	299.5 KB ID:	337556

That is the Nock Brasstown with the unrolled portion lying on top of an iPad 4 (original size) in a cache. Because the roll is attached top a zippered pouch, you can put a lot of pens into it, including between slots of the pen roll section.

This answer later points to links to the The Pen/Tool Wrap: some pens that fit (and some that don't) thread that shows pictures of which fountain pens fit and which ones don’t — but will fit into the Brasstown
      moriond
      Volunteer Moderator
      Last edited by moriond; 12-05-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

That is the Nock Brasstown with the unrolled portion lying on top of an iPad 4 (original size) in a cache. Because the roll is attached top a zippered pouch, you can put a lot of pens into it, including between slots of the pen roll section.
        Thank you, I now have something to nudge my spouse toward for Christmas!
        Meg
        -----
        Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Comment

I have one of Nock's "Lookout" pen holsters and it's great quality. I only wish I had seen their going-out-of-business email in time to order one of the Lanier A5 pouches (or the Burton waxed canvas variety). Could really use one of those.
          SG23 is my walk/bike commuter bag

Comment

Nomadix quick dry, pack small towels. I'm pleasantly surprised by how absorbent it is. Other small-pack, synthetic towels I've used just aren't very absorbent. They're good enough big drips off and then I air dry the rest of the way. But this is nearly as good as cotton. So I wanted to share here.

Comment

Working...
            X