Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,501   Posts: 187,530   Members: 6,460   Active Members: 327
Welcome to our newest member, knelby.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jehingr View Post
    We just discovered Tiger Tail Foods. They make wonderful organic treats for animals (not just dogs & cats, but horses & small animals as well).

They are a small American company with customer service that will remind you of your favorite bag vendor. As a bonus, they will contribute a portion of your purchase to your favorite shelter or rescue. And of course if you don't have a favorite, Save Our Setters would gladly accept your donation.

The treats are not organic just "all natural", which anybody can use in their labels as this statement is not regulated.
    They use human grade ingredient but battery chicken and feedlot beef are human grade meat.

Just wanted to clarify the ingredient but they are a very nice company that does a world of good.

Comment

Did anyone say HATS?

This lady is sort of the Tom Bihn of hats. I haven't ordered from her but will for Christmas. Every hat is made by her by hand. Wow.

Comment

I plan to order a hat from this lady, gotta have a new hat.
        Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA

Travel Lite & Smart

Comment

Originally posted by GaryS View Post
          This lady is sort of the Tom Bihn of hats. I haven't ordered from her but will for Christmas. Every hat is made by her by hand. Wow.
          Thanks for this - have you seen her work personally? I might just order one.
          --------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
            Thanks for this - have you seen her work personally? I might just order one.
            No, I just stumbled on it looking for an alternative to a Tilley.

Comment

<a href="http://www.etsy.com">Etsy</a>

I love searching for unique, hand-made items and artwork on Etsy. My current favorite shop is <a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5144593">willav's</a>.
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I used to be a fan of Pac bags in Canada, not that I am not now, it's just that I was introduced to Tom Bihn by Pat from pac and the rest is history. I went to Toms site, and fell in love with his bags, designs, colors, and most of all his philosophy...Quality!!!!...Thanks Tom, and thank you Darcy for the incredible customer service!!!........Al Meo

Comment

I believe it was Darcy that made the initial referral, but I can endorse Battle Lake Outdoors...have ordered a few of their items and they are all top-notch quality. Not quite as stylish as the TB stuff, but good nonetheless.

Comment

Benchmade

Originally posted by reina View Post
                    Benchmade knives are the best!!! Beautiful, durable, sharp...even customizable for lefties.
                    Benchmade makes a fine blade for the money. My next Benchmade purchase will be a co-branded item Benchmade was contracted to produce: The Doug Ritter RSK MK1. Like all Benchmade knives it has the Lifetime Warranty and LifeSharp service.

I currently use a Mel Pardue 722 with a tanto tip, full straight edge, coated black for EDC. It's an excellent blade. I would like the MK1 but it's a secondary tier item at present in my purchasing scheme because I have such a good blade already. That said, if I did not already have such a fine EDC blade the Ritter would be my priority. Mel Pardue also aided in the design of the Ritter MK1. Both blades use the AXIS lock technology which is to my view, the best available for folding knife locks. I won't use as my EDC a blade that doesn't have it. I also keep a Swiss Army (Victorinox) Spartan in my bag. I view that more as a tool kit than a work blade. I have a second Swiss Army knife that I used to keep on a keychain but now also sits in my EDC bag as a tool kit. It has scissors.
                    Bags: Latest: Pop Tote and Shop Bag (large) ; also have a Co-Pilot, Super Ego (w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut; Medium Cafe Bag; Large Cafe Bag; Brain Cell; Shop Bag small, (Steel); Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Accessories: Oh yeah, bunches.
                    Sadly Lost to Hazmat: An Imago in Steel/Cork & MCB in Linen/Olive.
                    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Comment

Originally posted by ex machina View Post
                      My next Benchmade purchase will be a co-branded item Benchmade was contracted to produce: The Doug Ritter RSK MK1.
                      The MK1 has been part of my EDC for the past... many, many years. I actually bought it twice. My first departed from me one night in a helicopter over Afghanistan somewhere...

Comment

Mountain Khakis pants...tough as nails and look pretty nice too. I use the Teton Twills for work...love them!

Comment

Originally posted by Just View Post
                          The MK1 has been part of my EDC for the past... many, many years. I actually bought it twice. My first departed from me one night in a helicopter over Afghanistan somewhere...
                          Well Just, that about sums it up: combat tested, and when a replacement was needed, you chose the exact same knife.
                          Bags: Latest: Pop Tote and Shop Bag (large) ; also have a Co-Pilot, Super Ego (w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut; Medium Cafe Bag; Large Cafe Bag; Brain Cell; Shop Bag small, (Steel); Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Accessories: Oh yeah, bunches.
                          Sadly Lost to Hazmat: An Imago in Steel/Cork & MCB in Linen/Olive.
                          " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Comment

Ibex makes really nice merino wool (wool from New Zealand) clothing for men and women.
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

http://www.gransfors.com/htm_eng/ullfrotte/

i work outdoors all year round so it's important for me to get the proper under garment for keeping me warm in the winter. i have garments by ice breaker, an merino wool garment company from new zealand, that are good but this company woolpower/ullfrotte is even better and warmer.

These Merino Wool Terry Cloth products keep the human body warm in cold wet conditions. The products have been tested and used in Scandinavia by industry and military for more than 10 years. They are made up by combining Merino Wool and polyamide in a unique knitting method which gives the products higher insulating values and better moisture balance than other similar products.
                              aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Comment

Thoughtful Harvest Products

Hey Darcy,

maybe we can get our Thoughtful Harvest Products on your great products list??

thanks would be cool...I ma eager to place a HUGE Tom Bihn review and recommendation on our great stuff page on Harvest Eating...

Best
                                Keith Snow
                                http://www.thoughtfulharvest.com
                                http://www.harvesteating.com

Comment

Working...
                                X