X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesomepants
    replied
    Originally posted by gqb View Post
    Question for anyone who owns both the A5 Cousin and an A5 ghost whale pouch. Does the cousin fit ?
    I just tried and it does, but not with a cover on it. If it's just the Hobo it fits but the just barely height-wise. There's a little wiggle room width and depth-wise.

Leave a comment:

• gqb
    replied
    Question for anyone who owns both the A5 Cousin and an A5 ghost whale pouch. Does the cousin fit ?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    The Nock.co Kickstarter project for waxed canvas pen cases

For those of you who are familiar with Nock Co. and their pen case and paper products, they’ve been running a Kickstarter project to produce their popular Brasstown (pen roll) and Sinclair cases in black waxed canvas and aqua interior as part of efforts to go forward post the present Covid-19 period. They made their goal shortly after the campaign started, so this is in case anyone is interested in this during the final day of their campaign. They are among the many non-Bag product vendors that I discovered through these forums. (There’s a Nock Brasstown pen case and a Dot-Dash note pad in my photos in The new Black (Dark Grid) Halcyon Daylight Briefcase thread.

Just a FYI (for your information). 25 hours before campaign closes.

moriond

ETA: newly indexed location of The new Black (Dark Grid) Halcyon Daylight Briefcase
    (after forum migration to new data base)

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...ight-briefcase

Nock Co. finished delivery of their Kickstarter production of the special edition Brasstown and Sinclair in Black Waxed Canvas with Acqua interior. The remaining cases from their production have been placed on sale at their web site on a First come first serve basis, for any of you Pen case aficionados.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomepants
    replied
    Originally posted by gadgets View Post
    The HLT 1 fits A6 just fine.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25272[/ATTACH]
    You're right. I can't fit my A6 Planner in any of the pockets, but if I slide in just the back page it fits.

Leave a comment:

• gadgets
    replied
    [QUOTE=Awesomepants;195140The HLT 1 is too small for them (including the weeks)[/QUOTE]

The HLT 1 fits A6 just fine. I ordered HLT 1 because 2 was not available, but I think I like the size now. I am not sure I will use the Hobonichi, though. It looks like it's not for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0875.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	307835

Leave a comment:

• 123veo
    replied
    Originally posted by Awesomepants View Post
    I use a Freudian slip for mine. The HLT 1 is too small for them (including the weeks) but the HLT 2 will fit all but the A5. The A6 and the weeks fit fine, including inside the pocket underneath the mesh pocket. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Thank you! I think I'll be checking out the HLT 2 then.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomepants
    replied
    Originally posted by 123veo View Post
    Hey there everyone, does anyone here use a Handy Little Thing as a Hobonichi cover or case?
    I use a Freudian slip for mine. The HLT 1 is too small for them (including the weeks) but the HLT 2 will fit all but the A5. The A6 and the weeks fit fine, including inside the pocket underneath the mesh pocket. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Leave a comment:

• 123veo
    replied
    Hey there everyone, does anyone here use a Handy Little Thing as a Hobonichi cover or case?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    The Nock.co Kickstarter project for waxed canvas pen cases

For those of you who are familiar with Nock Co. and their pen case and paper products, they’ve been running a Kickstarter project to produce their popular Brasstown (pen roll) and Sinclair cases in black waxed canvas and aqua interior as part of efforts to go forward post the present Covid-19 period. They made their goal shortly after the campaign started, so this is in case anyone is interested in this during the final day of their campaign. They are among the many non-Bag product vendors that I discovered through these forums. (There’s a Nock Brasstown pen case and a Dot-Dash note pad in my photos in The new Black (Dark Grid) Halcyon Daylight Briefcase thread.

Just a FYI (for your information). 25 hours before campaign closes.

moriond

ETA: newly indexed location of The new Black (Dark Grid) Halcyon Daylight Briefcase
    (after forum migration to new data base)

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...ight-briefcase
    Last edited by moriond; 03-30-2021, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kjquilts
    replied
    Originally posted by TRD View Post
    I should have ordered when they were available.

I've been wavering on picking up the Camp weeks because the cover is so cute. Personally, I love the Techo, for work I use the Cousin Avec. Weeks falls in weird middle where I don't like the monthly layout, (squares are too small) and that impacts my use of it. I really really love the Camp though. UGH.
    Jetpens still has the Techo A 6 english book and the Camp cover .... spendy but it is available. Looks like they expect to restock the Camp Weeks.

I made the "mistake" of going back to Jetpens site and looking at A6 books and covers ... fell in love with the Time-Traveling Bird cover and got the last one until they are restocked. I love going out at night and looking at the stars and love birds so the cover spoke to me. Could have bought cover by itself direct from the source but Jetpens is reliable and ships quickly so went that route. Also got the A6 size plain notebook .... Tomoe River paper and only $14.75. LOL I am a gemini and i love paper.

Wish Tom Bihn would make Hobo covers but understand they need to focus their efforts on making what they can easily sell. Think a urethane cover on cover would be so much better than PVC. For $5.00 I bought the Jetpens PVC cover on cover, have never had a Hobonichi brand cover so after it is received will make decision on using the cover on cover.

Leave a comment:

• TRD
    replied
    Originally posted by kjquilts View Post
    Also, JetPens has the 2021 Hobonichi products in stock today. I ordered the Bow & Tie - Swallow 2021 Weeks and Hobonichi Paper(s) 165 sheet booklet by Ryoji Aria because I love the bird cover and back. Seriously considered ordering the A6 English book with same cover set but am holding off for now. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    I should have ordered when they were available.

I've been wavering on picking up the Camp weeks because the cover is so cute. Personally, I love the Techo, for work I use the Cousin Avec. Weeks falls in weird middle where I don't like the monthly layout, (squares are too small) and that impacts my use of it. I really really love the Camp though. UGH.

Leave a comment:

• kjquilts
    replied
    Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
    I really love how you are using your Weekly. And congratulations on your weight loss! I am down 27 pounds myself due to some concerted effort at better eating choices. I have been considering adding in the fasting element such as you mention, but now I’m feeling more committed. Thank you for sharing your success!

I use my Weekly to keep track of my work blog posts. I write three a week. I also track blog ideas and meeting notes on the free pages. Sadly, my smaller daily Hobo (English version) hasn’t received much love since the virus came to stay. I track virus numbers on it, and that’s pretty much it. It makes me think I shouldn’t buy one next year, but I love the paper so much. I will definitely continue to get the Weekly, though. It makes a great blog chronicle.
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I still want to congratulate you on your weight loss. I know it isn't easy.

Also, JetPens has the 2021 Hobonichi products in stock today. I ordered the Bow & Tie - Swallow 2021 Weeks and Hobonichi Paper(s) 165 sheet booklet by Ryoji Aria because I love the bird cover and back. Seriously considered ordering the A6 English book with same cover set but am holding off for now.

Leave a comment:

• Mausermama
    replied
    Originally posted by kjquilts View Post
    I am a Gemini and love paper (and Tom Bihn products) but am terrible at journal keeping. However, at the end of last year we set goals of losing weight and getting more exercise. We already had a Sci-Fit Rex 7000 Recumbent Elliptical given to me by my mother after step-dad passed so no excuse for not exercising other than laziness. We are both early 70's. Larry has Neuropathy and a bad knee and I had a heart attack April 2018 so getting the excess weight off was important for both of us. For exercise we aim for 45 minutes to an hour of Elliptical exercise daily and sometimes do more. A TV in the garage and back door that looks out at the hummingbird feeder makes the time go quickly. Larry golfs (with cart) four or five times a week. I putter in the yard, walk the dog and once in a while golf.

I use the HOBO Weeks to record my health stats on the daily pages. On the left hand page there are 3 lines for each day. First line is Move, Exercise and Stand, second line is Total Calories burned and third line is for two blood pressure readings. Data on the first two lines is from my Apple Watch that has been so helpful to me. I have "white coat syndrome" so doctor recommended keeping daily record of BP. On the right hand page I enter weight (couple times a week) and any health related info.

The other thing we did is start intermittent fasting around Feb 15th. Ours is simple method with eating window between approximately 1 PM to 8 PM. I have a spoon of unsweetened applesauce or yogurt with my am medicine and we drink coffee and water but other than that nothing until 1. IF combined with daily working out has been blessing for us. We don't get hungry - eat healthy but are not obsessive about it and still enjoy wine and an occasional beer or mixed drink. I've lost 30 and Larry has lost 44 pounds since January 1st. We'd like to each lose another 30 to 40 pounds but we're very pleased with progress to date. We've dropped a couple sizes and feel better about ourselves as well as feeling better physically. The Hobo Weekly is ideal for the records I keep and could probably work as food journal too if we decide to keep that information.

I really love how you are using your Weekly. And congratulations on your weight loss! I am down 27 pounds myself due to some concerted effort at better eating choices. I have been considering adding in the fasting element such as you mention, but now I’m feeling more committed. Thank you for sharing your success!

I use my Weekly to keep track of my work blog posts. I write three a week. I also track blog ideas and meeting notes on the free pages. Sadly, my smaller daily Hobo (English version) hasn’t received much love since the virus came to stay. I track virus numbers on it, and that’s pretty much it. It makes me think I shouldn’t buy one next year, but I love the paper so much. I will definitely continue to get the Weekly, though. It makes a great blog chronicle.

Leave a comment:

• kjquilts
    replied
    I am a Gemini and love paper (and Tom Bihn products) but am terrible at journal keeping. However, at the end of last year we set goals of losing weight and getting more exercise. We already had a Sci-Fit Rex 7000 Recumbent Elliptical given to me by my mother after step-dad passed so no excuse for not exercising other than laziness. We are both early 70's. Larry has Neuropathy and a bad knee and I had a heart attack April 2018 so getting the excess weight off was important for both of us. For exercise we aim for 45 minutes to an hour of Elliptical exercise daily and sometimes do more. A TV in the garage and back door that looks out at the hummingbird feeder makes the time go quickly. Larry golfs (with cart) four or five times a week. I putter in the yard, walk the dog and once in a while golf.

I use the HOBO Weeks to record my health stats on the daily pages. On the left hand page there are 3 lines for each day. First line is Move, Exercise and Stand, second line is Total Calories burned and third line is for two blood pressure readings. Data on the first two lines is from my Apple Watch that has been so helpful to me. I have "white coat syndrome" so doctor recommended keeping daily record of BP. On the right hand page I enter weight (couple times a week) and any health related info.

The other thing we did is start intermittent fasting around Feb 15th. Ours is simple method with eating window between approximately 1 PM to 8 PM. I have a spoon of unsweetened applesauce or yogurt with my am medicine and we drink coffee and water but other than that nothing until 1. IF combined with daily working out has been blessing for us. We don't get hungry - eat healthy but are not obsessive about it and still enjoy wine and an occasional beer or mixed drink. I've lost 30 and Larry has lost 44 pounds since January 1st. We'd like to each lose another 30 to 40 pounds but we're very pleased with progress to date. We've dropped a couple sizes and feel better about ourselves as well as feeling better physically. The Hobo Weekly is ideal for the records I keep and could probably work as food journal too if we decide to keep that information.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by KempSauce View Post
    I just ordered mine for 2020! Giving keeping a journal/diary and fountain pens another chance and hoping the Hobonichi can help!
    Welcome to the Forums @KempSauce!

I'm trying out a Hobo Weeks for the first time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X