Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,267   Members: 6,717   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, DSinBihn.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quebec - What do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quebec - What do you recommend?

I've seen some posts about people loving to visit Quebec.

Thing is I live in Montreal, but given our schedules and general laziness, we have not taken advantage of our time here. We've generally stayed around Montreal and visited some museums and a few festivals. The Jazz Festival is always nice. We have gone north around Tremblant. Since we prefer hiking to skiing, we don't go in the winter.

I used to work downtown and had to navigate around tourists, so at the end of the day I just wanted to come home. I worked near the Old Port, and sometimes people would stop in their tracks to take a picture. Never did run into anyone.

The people I know usually have family cottages or they go outside of Quebec for vacation.

I will be taking some vacation time soon and part of it will be spent here (ssh, don't tell my boss I'll be in town).

So, any recommendations?

Thanks!

I'm going to piggyback, if I may, on @FrozenJ's request, since I will be spending an all-too-rushed 24 hours in Quebec City in early July, and I know nothing at all about the city.

I'm very excited; just wish I could stay longer.

~Nancy

Comment

You can take whale watching tours in Tadoussac. The one we took actually departed from Les Escoumins. The small zodiac boats are best as you get closer to the whales.

Saguenay is a wonderful hiking and camping destination, plus you can see belugas.

Tourisme Saguenay Lac-Saint-Jean

Have you been to the Eastern Townships? More places: Mont Megantic, Parc Gaspé, Quebec City, Charlevoix are also wonderful to visit. I can understand about the tourists, being in Toronto, but take advantage of your time there. I used to go to Montreal very often for work in my previous role, so I can relate to the business experience as well. My company always paid for my stays at the Queen Elizabeth, so that made it quite tolerable.

Let me organize my thoughts, Friday evenings tend to become a blur after a hectic week.
      LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches, Little Swift, travel trays

Comment

I would love to be on a zodiac boat, but the rest of my family...not so much. I've asked. I will take a look at the tours available.

We've been to the Eastern Townships, but not for touring. There is a veterinary hospital that we used for our old dog, and we bought our current dog from a family who runs a dairy farm there. We did stop to pick blueberrries at a nearby farm.

In Montreal, we try to go to shows a few times a year. We've been to the major museums at least once. Have you seen the Butterflies Go Free exhibit at the Botanical Gardens? That's a favorite.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by ncb4 View Post
          I'm going to piggyback, if I may, on @FrozenJ's request, since I will be spending an all-too-rushed 24 hours in Quebec City in early July, and I know nothing at all about the city.

I'm very excited; just wish I could stay longer.

~Nancy
          I wish I could help. I've been to Quebec City once, but it was barely for 12 hours. Got there the night before, went to meeting, and came home. If the meeting were on Friday or Monday, I would have stayed for the weekend.

Enjoy your visit!

Comment

All I can add is...buy cans of maple sugar to take/ship home. Best stuff on earth for as cheap as you can get it (I think)

Comment

Pure maple syrup is delicious! Never ever buy pancake syrup.

If you're up here in March, you should try Tire Sur La Neige. On top of fresh snow, hot maple syrup is poured in lines. You then take a popsicle stick and roll up the maple syrup as it hardens. It's yummy.

Comment

Are you still planning a visit to quebec?

Comment

Working...
                X