Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,583   Members: 6,645   Active Members: 253
Welcome to our newest member, YSAKit5982.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long-Term Synapse 19 Packing List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pack the Patagonia Houdini. The thing is an absolute beast.
    It offers no warmth on its own, so it works for summer torrents or the middle of winter. It is so light and thin that it barely exists. I am sometimes scared that I will tear it, but it hasn't happened yet.
    S19 + DLBP + DLBC + SCB + TT

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    --Douglas Adams

Comment

[QUOTE=fredlet;121287]I use lotion bars, dry shampoo, tooth powder, stick sunscreen, deoderant crystal and cocoa butter stick. Works well as a dry kit.

2-3 days in the Tom Bihn Night Flight Travel Duffle – fredlets travels
      2-3 days in the Tom Bihn Night Flight Travel Duffle – fredlets travels

Comment

Originally posted by TurtleWax View Post
        Dang little Fred that's impressive.
        Do you end up with no liquids in your bag at all?!
        I'm always stuck with contact soln and antiperspirant.
        I can be completely without liquids, I find it easier when I'm doing tiny trips.

Comment

I see that you have a contact case in your clear bag, how do you do contacts without liquids? I could probably use a stick deodorant for a few days, but I can't think of an alternative for my contact solution.

Edit: Or...do you just wear glasses?

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
          --Douglas Adams

Comment

Great job Turtle Wax! I love reading and learning from everyone's minimal 1-bag packing lists. You pack a lot like me, although I admit I find it difficult to fit everything I like to take for travel into a S19. Mostly bc I like to knit, and the extra project usually pushes me into S25 territory.

Comment

I think everybody should have room to bring something they love with them! If that means traveling with an S25 or an A30, so be it.
              I am fond of snacks and books, and though I could omit them and lighten my load, I choose not to.

--Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by TurtleWax View Post
                I think everybody should have room to bring something they love with them!
                Word! Even if it's tiny, having something like that can be so comforting when travel hiccups happen. For me, it's a music player so I can go semi-fugue state and block out the world for a few.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
                "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I bought a S19 a couple of weeks ago with the goal of using it for my next trip. I did a test run, and it worked well, but my problem is the little extra odds and ends. My clothes and toiletries are pretty minimal, but somehow I end up filling up my 28L backpack overtime.
                  S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Comment

Working...
                  X