Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,315   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, driph.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking your hobbies with you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVService View Post
    Ham Radio Crap!
    I like meeting new Hams wherever I travel and it is pretty simple in some ways and challenging in others depending on the location.
    I have several portable setups that I will get pics of to give an idea but everything from simple handheld miniature radios to fully blown portable stations that can talk anywhere in the world are all eligible to tag along.
    I just can't stop fabricating and building stuff!?

And yes I am member in good standing in the Nerdlinger Society.
    73! NC4ZA Mark

Comment

Oh yeah, ultra lightweight photography and videography gear for me. At least that is what is going in my Brain Bag when it gets here :-)

Comment

Photography gear for me too. One of my main reasons for travel is spend time making photographs, and I choose my destinations accordingly.
        A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

Originally posted by Hiketographer View Post
          73! NC4ZA Mark
          Hey Welcome!

I am going to Colorado soon again,I love making FM contacts from 200 miles away with an HT standing,on a 14,000 tower!

Love that Zombie Apocalypse call too!

73 KC0UKR EZDog

Comment

My weaving looms and spinning wheels are way too big to just carry around, so I'll take a drop spindle with me and spin my own yarn. Since the spindle is about the size and shape of a pencil, it usually fits in the pen holder of any bag. Then I'll have a tiny silnylon bag of unspun fiber (silk or wool) in my purse or briefcase, too.

Comment

Scrapbooking/Journaling

Originally posted by Badger View Post
              It’s almost summer break here in my neck of the woods, and I don’t know about you, but my mind has turned towards travel in the months to come. Day trips, overnight/weekend trips, road trips, and long-haul flights are all enticing on their own, but are even better because we now have an opportunity/excuse to think about and choose the gear that will accompany us.

In addition to the normal stuff like clothes and toothpaste and phone chargers, a lot of us on the forum have items related to hobbies or pastimes that we want to have handy when we travel. I’m interested to know what hobbies you practice, whether you have fashioned or bought travel versions of any essential equipment, and how you carry your hobby items (and if the packing/carrying methods you use for travel are different from how you do things on a day-to-day basis).

PS: don't think you have to have some crazy obscure hobby to post here—if that were the criteria, this thread would be woefully short.

I like to write and document fun/memorable experiences during my travels. In the past, I've brought a journal or scrapbook album, colored pens, some glue dots, and a portable printer with me. I keep my portable Pringo printer, wall charger, photo paper, and ink in my original black halcyon side effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7636.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	300220

Comment

Photography as well. I always travel with a 35 prime and a standard zoom with my dslr. I limit myself to only 2 lenses as I like to have room in the MB if I buy anything

Comment

I've got my art supplies neatly organized in the horizontal Freudean Slip -- fountain pens, brushes, watercolors, and then sketchbooks in the back. This allows me to move the art supplies in one swoop from my TriStar to my Founders Briefcase. Here's a photo of the slip, along with my setup of the supplies in a coffee shop (...and then scene I painted out the window.)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1114.jpg
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	300407Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	300408Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1111.jpg
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	300409

Comment

We purchase UHF radios for communication between our office staff and our warehouse workers. These are great for that. They work so well that I was able to reach the store from half a block away. They are big, light, and charge very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X